Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Awesome! My work trip to LA at the end of the month just got a lot more interesting!

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
I'm hoping Rivian uses these hubs for coordinating other events like MINI did when they first got to the states. Our local dealer did a good job coordinating events and really pulled a lot of people together. Renting a theater out for the remake of the Italian Job and having a long MINI caravan from the dealer to the theater, after providing us all pizza. Multiple driving/rally events through the mountains/foothills, that kind of thing.

It sounds like a lot of Rivian owners will be new to off-roading, so coordinating get-togethers to teach off-road basics, even camping basics to those interested could prove interesting.

Maybe use of hubs for rental or business purposes when not in use could be a perk of membership. Who knows, lots of potential for a community, cult, club or whatever.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
A ha. A customer service person hinted at open to the public stuff in Venice a couple weeks ago when I was asking about more first mile info, this must be it.

Sponsored

JDav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5
It's soooo close to Electric Ave, but alas, just on Venice Blvd :)

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
A space to gather.....and wonder with other Riviots where TF our trucks are. :CWL:

DocAdvocate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a Rivian
Great idea but poor execution in my opinion. I used to live on Abbott Kinney and Venice until a couple of years ago and that intersection is inundated with less than "scrupulous" individuals. It is not safe in many areas due to rampant drug use, petty crime, and violence. On top of that, all the small encampments are dirty and extremely unsightly. I wonder how they'll let "everyone" from the community to come and use the space as they please...

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Great idea but poor execution in my opinion. I used to live on Abbott Kinney and Venice until a couple of years ago and that intersection is inundated with less than "scrupulous" individuals. It is not safe in many areas due to rampant drug use, petty crime, and violence. On top of that, all the small encampments are dirty and extremely unsightly. I wonder how they'll let "everyone" from the community to come and use the space as they please...
Its a testing community for Headband Harry (Gear Guard Guy)

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
This is sad.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
I usually ride my ebike along the stand to that area. I will have to check it out this Sunday. ? there will be a limestone colored Rivian.
I was trying to figure out the color of the one in the pictures, and I can't tell if it's LG, FG, El Cap... or something else.
Sponsored