Official Rivian Merchandise Store Coming Soon

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
It has more to do with changing their tax status than simply “choosing a vendor”.
I have a hard time time believing they can't create another LLC to oversee merchandising without spoiling the rest of their tax status.

Also, the initial statement that selling anything at all will change their tax status confuses me. Its not like they're changing from nonprofit to profit. Its still an LLC. I dont really understand what they mean by change in tax status

The only thing I can think of is there is some sort of language in their "tax breaks" either at the state or local level which is initiated upon sales. Therefore to maximize their benefit they are trying to limit any sales prior to selling vehicles. Just speculation.
Sponsored

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Clubs

Happens every time. Never thought about it but you have a point. People on this forum are doing more marketing than company is doing right now. Granted they can’t fulfill the orders that they already have.
Isn't this basically how Tesla does it? I don't think I have ever seen a Tesla ad.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Since we are not able to get the unique prototype wraps factory applied at launch maybe Rivian could allow their supplier to sell the wrap material to pre-order holders. Not sure if these designs have copyright protections, if not they may want to get on that. It would not surprise me to see aftermarket sales of these wrap designs. Where there is demand a supply will fill in.

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Isn't this basically how Tesla does it? I don't think I have ever seen a Tesla ad.
I guess you are correct. However, there are a lot of electric competitors this year and some for less than Rivian. Atlis and Endurance

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I guess you are correct. However, there are a lot of electric competitors this year and some for less than Rivian. Atlis and Endurance
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an Atlis. They are still raising funds on the order of millions of dollars. They are going to need many billions. They are still years away from series production, if they even survive. Lordstown is for real but did they ever commit to selling for private use? Their primary audience has been fleet use. Given their existing orders/pre-orders, it will likely be several years out before they deliver any Endurance for private use assuming they have decided to pursue that market. Not that people won't cross-shop but I don't really see either of those vehicles as targeting Rivian's core adventure market, they are competing more with future electric F150/Silverado/Ram.

...at least that's my take on these other 2.

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Agree with @electruck, a key the reason why you're bunching all of those in the same bracket is because none of them have delivered vehicles yet. That will all change once Rivians hit the road this year, and the marketing moves from snappy insta stories to actual reviews, testing etc.

Dubs

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX460
Just got out of CS Chat. I asked if there was going to be a merchandise store anytime soon so we can all start representing Rivian anywhere we go. The CS agent said, "Rivian gear is on the way: keep an eye on your email over the coming weeks, we'll be announcing our digital shop soon!"

iu-2.jpeg
Ha! Heard the exact same thing a week ago. Rivian definitely has a communication issue. Better to just say they don’t know when it will be released or give a date if they do. ”Soon” in rivian world could be an open ended reality. I want gear!!! :)

OP
OP
MisterTea

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
”Soon” in rivian world could be an open ended reality. I want gear!!! :)
I think it's time I trademark the word soon since no company actually means it. I could be a hundredaire!

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

No Joke, had a dream I walked into their NY location (The exact one registered in the LLC as I remembered the addressed for what ever reason), it was just a bunch of offices with some knitted baskets, no official rivian gear. Most people working couldn't help me, and the one guy who did was a manager saying take this mug and leave.

I need to lay off the bourbon before sleeping :CWL:

Last edited:

Sponsored

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Isn’t this what employees are given? Not merch per se. ??‍♂
Apparently this is from a pre-order customer (February 2019) got this. He deals with merchandise and has talks with Rivian about their merch (Source Reddit).

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Looks like Merch is coming soon.

1613280038601.png
We were fortunate enough to get 2 backpacks and 2 camp style enameled mugs. Even the box it came in was pretty awesome. Just like the vinyl on the "Color Me" R1T. I have not seen that tumbler though. That thing is sweet. We are ready for all of the other Rivian merch!!!
Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Merchandise Store Coming Soon IMG_3610.JPG

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Jealous! All I want is a cap.

Or a polo, backpack, my R1S... anything!
Sponsored