Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Had to jump at $117. Keeping a few for the long haul though.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I've got a 100 share order in at $100.. currently at 101.18

Dubs

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX460
I used the app, and just went to the trade section. Sold about 45 shares already to “cash in” a profit of $5k, ready to reinvest if the stock dips further.
Smart.. I just called Morgan Stanley and they said my shares will be locked up until the opening bell tomorrow. Are you an employee? I’m just a pre order holder.

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

If MS has received your money to pay for the shares, you can sell it. It is available for me to sell online right now.

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I was able to sell my shares via the ms iPhone app. Sold at 115; moving the cash back to platforms I actually like to reinvest at a better price point

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

GM CEO, Mary Barra, says that Rivian's IPO valuation proves that GM is undervalued.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/10/rivian-ipo-proves-general-motors-is-undervalued-says-gm-ceo.html

I think the IPO shows a lack of leadership, in the EV space, on GMs part. Not to mention the fires from their existing EVs. GM really hasn't made a single compelling EV product.
If GM had Rivian's ethos, absolutely they would be undervalued. GM hasn't been nearly forward looking enough. GM has so far just been a typical "what's best for the shareholder" company, not caring about anything else.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I hope we see RJ all over the news/financial news on Wednesday. Couldn’t happen to a nicer and more deserving guy and family. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy knowing that his/their dreams are coming true. The same is true of the entire gang at Rivian.

This is one man’s life-long dream coming to fruition after a dozen years of really intense work. Think of all of those early employees who, along with their growing families, passed on other, likely more stable opportunities, and stuck with RJ. They believed in his vision and this mission, risking much to get here.

While I’m anxious to get into my R1T and start exploring the world, I’m really thrilled that we’ve finally arrived at this point. I’m very thankful for the opportunity to participate in this initial offering and hope to look back in the future and remember Rivian’s evolution as the beginning of something truly special in the automotive world and in the way mankind interacts with our environment.

Let the adventures continue!
And today, we wake up to this:

Rivian R1T R1S Official: Rivian IPO priced at $78 per share (@ $77 billion valuation)! 20211110_063023

Rivian R1T R1S Official: Rivian IPO priced at $78 per share (@ $77 billion valuation)! 20211110_063045

How cool is this day for the entire Rivian Family!

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
If MS has received your money to pay for the shares, you can sell it. It is available for me to sell online right now.
I ACH to MS on Monday and they seems like subtracted from the balance. They are showing me the trade button and I can sell. Not that I'm selling ?

Rivian R1T R1S Official: Rivian IPO priced at $78 per share (@ $77 billion valuation)! 1636571335658

thebwk

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
How did you sell? My Morgan Stanley webpage won't update or let me try and sell my shares....
My account was fully $ funded for my 175 shares. That might be why?

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

My account was fully $ funded for my 175 shares. That might be why?
Mine's not funded at all, I was still able to set limit orders on my shares. I did tie an external account with enough balance to fund but didn't transfer money yet because their system is glitched out.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

If GM had Rivian's ethos, absolutely they would be undervalued. GM hasn't been nearly forward looking enough. GM has so far just been a typical "what's best for the shareholder" company, not caring about anything else.
I absolutely agree here.

GM is one of my customers. I'm telling you, they have an extraordinary amount of talent at that company. I hate seeing that talent held back. Sometimes the bean counters get out of the way and you get something like the Corvette C8. Other times, you get the Bolt. IMO, that's a leadership issue.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I ended up changing my order at the last minute and upped it to 150 shares @ $100. I think there is a lot going for this company in the long term.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

And today, we wake up to this:

20211110_063023.jpg

20211110_063045.jpg

How cool is this day for the entire Rivian Family!
Just noticed that this is the first look at the separate Amazon Van production line that I recall seeing.

neockder

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JK, Scout, Tundra, Chinook, Prius
Occupation
Devs
Well.. it did open to traders higher than $78 so that's positive. Let's see how the next X months plays out..
Sponsored