Sponsored

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

CNBC just said the price of RIVN is surging to $125/share. I don’t see it trading yet, so I am not sure how that is happening.
Sponsored

thebwk

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Anyone know if we're able to sell immediately at open or place limit sell orders to cash in on the $120+ open? I'll hop back in at sub $70.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Seems like the current quiet period should end right around December 20th (40 days after initial trading). But Rivian's fiscal year is also the calendar year, so technically a new quiet period (4 weeks before end of quarter) will start on December 3rd, I think. Guessing we won't get any significant new info (e.g. production/orders) until their first earnings call. I'll probably dial in for that one.

Sponsored

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
CNBC just said the price of RIVN is surging to $125/share. I don’t see it trading yet, so I am not sure how that is happening.
Now saying $115.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
What's happening now is the exchange is matching orders. It's an orderly but slow process but it helps to avoid disputes, unfairness, or mis-pricing and helps to ensure an orderly market once trading begins. It is part of every IPO getting ready to trade...

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

It isn't trading yet. The price is increasing because of the buy orders that are in before it opens and the institutional investors.

Sponsored

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
Anyone know if we're able to sell immediately at open or place limit sell orders to cash in on the $120+ open? I'll hop back in at sub $70.
I'm 100% on the opposite end. I intend to bury & forget these shares. Much like my dad's 1964.5 Mustang is still in my family, I'm going in on RIVN for the long haul and will see what happens with these shares in my "collecting" account over the years/decades.

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Down to $110 and still dropping.

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
Man, if the IPO price stayed in the $60 range, I would have been all in, and it would have more than doubled.
But that would mean Rivian is leaving money on the table.

aaikens

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TSLA M3 OG, 2018 Leaf, 2013 Volvo VX70
Occupation
worker
9:30pm email, respond by 7am the next day? Sounds like an unvitation to me. I was ready to do this, and then missed the window. That's what I get for unplugging.
Sponsored