Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This article from last night has an interesting paragraph. If this is true, instead of taking profits, most of the biggest holders plan to increase their position. This is a very good sign.

"Over the years, it attracted a wide array of backers. As much as $5 billion of the IPO shares are set to be bought by investors including Amazon, T. Rowe Price, Coatue Management, Franklin Templeton, Capital Research Global Investors, D1 Capital, Third Point Investors, Blackstone Inc., Dragoneer Investment Group and Soros Funds."

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ide-ipo-price-above-top-of-range?srnd=premium
Page 1 of the prospectus had this information about the cornerstone investors asking for $5 billion (of the original $8 billion)
Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

CNBC is having live coverage now. They just confirmed Amazon is planning to double down and buy more shares. Ford is likely to offload since the lost their board seat.
Rivian R1T R1S Official: Rivian IPO priced at $78 per share (@ $77 billion valuation)! ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

now indicating $125

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
lol, no way am I in at $125. Us Canadian Pre-order holders got the screws twisted into us.

Sponsored

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Has anyone determined the process for selling these shares? Is this Morgan Stanley account a normal brokerage account where we can set a stop-loss, etc? Can we do it Day 1?

stumptown85

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, XC60, Dakota
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone determined the process for selling these shares? Is this Morgan Stanley account a normal brokerage account where we can set a stop-loss, etc? Can we do it Day 1?
Yes, you can sell. Just press the sell button and decide the type of sale you want to do.

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
There’s been a lot of bitching and moaning recently about Rivian on this forum. Some of it, regarding their poor communications, is justified.

But, if RIVN opens >$125, they have gifted >$8,000 to anyone who took them up on the full 175 shares via the DSP. That’s pretty amazing to me.

Last edited:

blturner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Space Pirate
There’s been a lot of bitching and moaning recently about Rivian on this forum. Some of it, regarding their poor communications, is justified.

But, if RIVN opens >$125, they have gifted >$8,000 to anyone who took them up the full 175 shares via the DSP. That’s pretty amazing to me.
Yes, I am feeling much more zen about my whole relationship with Rivian. Might sell enough to cover my deposit(s) and let the rest ride.

Sponsored

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon

But, if RIVN opens >$125, they have gifted >$8,000 to anyone who took them up the full 175 shares via the DSP. That’s pretty amazing to me.
Yup. And I have been one of those people. Was supposed to get the truck in October, and got the call last thursday that it will be Q1 of 2022 now. But also got the 175 shares here through MS. And really happy about that. No intent to sell them. I've believed in the vision of this company since I first heard about them. Will be sticking with this for the long haul. And will be very happy to finally get the truck too, when it arrives.

drwatershed

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Baja
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Rivian IPO priced at $78/share from a previous range of $57-62/share revised up to $72-74/share. This puts valuation at $77 billion.

Hopefully this will help drive acceleration of their expansion and delivery goals. Rivian still has much to prove and some trust to earn back from all of you early pre-order holders; perhaps just growing pains.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/rivian...sed-target-range-11636502188?mod=hp_lead_pos1
expected open is over 100, buying the IPO instead of predicting the dip might have been the choice. Glad I did. If it does dip I can always double down.... And they let me buy it into my IRA so the gains are all tax free. The last minute targeting of the price may have been based on demand from institutional investors. If we all like the product and the mission of the company why are there so many naysayers on this forum or are you all just future shortsellers. I personally am going long.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

So is anyone going to place a sell limit trade on their position as soon as RIVN starts trading?
Sponsored