Sponsored

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
Just got off the Phone with CSR at MS. Here's the deal. After they receive confirmation the shares will be put in your MS account with a negative cash balance. Once the funds are there within time frame the funds will be automatically deducted and the shares become yours. So basically we purchased RIVN stock on layaway.
Thanks @brainf18 and @Amy - I am gonna drop off from the CSR call at MS.
Sponsored

R1Tr8000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘99 SLK230, 22 Sequoia, 17 GLE43, 14 CnAm SxS
Occupation
Aerospace retired
Sounds like tomorrow it will apply the shares to your account, withdraw funds or show a negative balance for what's remaining. You should be good to go.
Yes exactly. Just got off phone with MS rep.
He confirmed my account will show a negative balance for the shares tomorrow..after the 7am EST DSP closing time. Any time after that I can simply transfer funds from my externally linked account, and it will be finished.

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
I'm hoping my ACH xfer goes through, and if I don't see it process on my bank side within a couple days the document said they need payment within 4 business days of November 15th. Plenty of time to initiate a wire if the ACH $hit the bed for some reason.

While I'd love to see a nice pop tomorrow, half of me wouldn't mind seeing it crater so I could buy more and average down. Short term valuation does feel nutty, but at the same time I intend to bury these shares and go for an "adventure" with them, so averaging down isn't the worst thing in the world.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Take a close look at the text on step 10 - Confirmation:

Someone had joked earlier that you could commit to buy, but not fund, if the IPO dropped in value Wednesday. This says that if they sell at a loss because you fail to fund, you are liable for the loss.

1636513922273.png

Is a non funded account the same applicability? It's not a sale right.

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
Is a non funded account the same applicability? It's not a sale right.
I hope people don't try to play games with this. You are either in or you aren't. If it tanks then you "bought" at $78.00 despite not being funded on the date of the IPO.

I suspect most of us don't have the deep pockets to go toe to toe w/ MS or another big firm - especially if we're not wanting to eat the losses on whatever the downside is on 175 shares.

Sponsored

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Did anyone get an email from Morgan Stanley confirming the number of shares they were buying? I got nothing from them on my shares, but they did email me to confirm that I made a request to transfer funds.
Same

Rford71

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline, Audi TT
Occupation
Firefighter
Just got off the phone with Morgan Stanley and I can confirm if you have already moved funds into your account once the shares are moved into your account they will deduct it from the funds in your Morgan Stanley account. No additional actions need to be taken.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I hope people don't try to play games with this. You are either in or you aren't. If it tanks then you "bought" at $78.00 despite not being funded on the date of the IPO.

I suspect most of us don't have the deep pockets to go toe to toe w/ MS or another big firm - especially if we're not wanting to eat the losses on whatever the downside is on 175 shares.

Okay just read the negative balance. Making sense now.

Sponsored

Comstockery

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S (launch green, 22" dark); Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Attorney
Clubs

I set up ACH transfers when I received the first Morgan Stanley email earlier today. When I received the allocation email, I confirmed my interest, then logged into my account via Morgan Stanley Online and initiated a transfer without a hitch.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Yeah I think you have till the 11/15 to finalize payment?

I got my 175... Not just want to get a few more ?
I got 500 extra on SoFi - seems like you could get as many as you want there but funding might be an issue as they don't have the layaway thing.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Must be quite a few people trying to pay right now. It seems the website is crashed.
Sensing Deja Vu, except even more hoops to jump through than trying to get a Playstation 5.....

rivianado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ACURA TL, TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
Occupation
SOFTWARE CONSULTANT
Rivian R1T R1S Official: Rivian IPO priced at $78 per share (@ $77 billion valuation)! 1636516054084

Then what? There is no option to save on the screen. It does not preserve the selection (Pay by ACH or Pay by Wire Transfer) When I logout and login back.

No.92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I'm not a big Tesla fan, but they are really set up a 5 companies, which drives their valuation beyond comparison to Ford or GM.
1: Car maker
2: Software Company
3: Technology Company
4: Energy Storage
5: Data Collection and analysis.
I'll humor you here and put valuations of each:

1: Car maker - $80B (i.e. like Ford)
2: Software Company - $100B (i.e. Waymo. This is being very generous as Waymo does way more)
- https://www.investors.com/news/tech...illions-in-new-funding-but-valuation-unclear/
3: Technology Company (What technology? Solar panels? Charging Network?) - $4.62B (i.e. Vivint Solar) + $8.389B (i.e. Chargepoint)
- https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/0VS.F/
- https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CHPT/
4: Energy Storage - $166.63B (i.e. NextEra Energy)
- https://www.ysgsolar.com/blog/top-50-energy-storage-companies-2021-ysg-solar
5: Data Collection and analysis. - $47.36B (i.e. Palantir)

These are all of the top tier companies in their field. There is no way Tesla is top tier in each of these categories. But, for fun, if we add them all up that's $406.999B in value. No where close to Tesla's market cap.
Sponsored