Sponsored

wizard467

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (10/2022), Honda Ridgeline
Where do you see that? The S1 filing says “we’ll get the pre-orders out by the end of 2023 (two years). When will they be selling on the street?
From the 3rd Amendment of the S1 here is how it is setup:

The current annual installed capacity for the R1 platform and RCV platform is approximately 65,000 and 85,000 vehicles, respectively.

We produced 104 R1T vehicles during the last week of October 2021, representing approximately 8% of our target R1 production rate.​
Our target is to produce approximately 1,310 R1 vehicles a week.

By the end of 2021, we intend to produce approximately 1,200 R1Ts and 25 R1Ss and deliver approximately 1,000 R1Ts and 15 R1Ss.

Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
They are probably monitoring these forums and are adding $1 to the price for each page worth of posts discussing the IPO. They can't post the final price until we stop talking.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
They are probably monitoring these forums and are adding $1 to the price for each page worth of posts discussing the IPO. They can't post the final price until we stop talking.
+1

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

It’s really more like 3:30am because it needs to be done before 4am. I get up at 4:30a, and am a young gun, but blah. Just when you think there couldn’t be any less wind in my sails for this…

NoDakEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'85 Monte Carlo SS, '20 I-Pace, '15 F-150,
Clubs

What has justified Tesla's $1.2T valuation? That's insane
I'm not a big Tesla fan, but they are really set up a 5 companies, which drives their valuation beyond comparison to Ford or GM.
1: Car maker
2: Software Company
3: Technology Company
4: Energy Storage
5: Data Collection and analysis.

Sponsored

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Pretty sure this is MS, not Rivian, calling the shots right now.
I suspect you are correct, but I don't really differentiate it at the moment. For me, it's just another in a long line of horrible communication efforts by the company.

scottie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ModelY
I agree with previous posts that the initial IPO price range offered some upside, but current IPO price at $78/share feels greedy.

How soon can the DSP shares be sold?

I enjoyed the First Mile event in Sonoma over the weekend. The truck is nice, but I'm not sure the Range Rover/GLS crowd is going to jump into Rivian - it's not that level of luxury. I also think the non-Range Rover 'adventure' crowd with enough money for an R1T/R1S is a smallish slice of the population.

So that leaves the commercial sector, which is huge - but Rivian is going to have to compete with GM, Ford and Tesla. Tesla and GM have a large lead with driver assistance systems. With Amazon's help it's possible Rivian can take a nice slice of the shipping market, but Rivian is no Tesla.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
Go to your invitiation email and login to that link. Check the text near the bottom of the page - third bullet (not the pop up).

1636509616685.png
I'm not sure this holds any longer. My last email had this statement in BOLD Red:

If you do not confirm your allocation of shares by the confirmation deadline November 09, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, your allocation will be cancelled and you will no longer be able to participate in the Program.

That arrived in my inbox AFTER (I believe) the email you are referring to with the 7am time. I think we have until 11:59pm (ET) tonight to respond.

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

I'm not sure this holds any longer. My last email had this statement in BOLD Red:

If you do not confirm your allocation of shares by the confirmation deadline November 09, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, your allocation will be cancelled and you will no longer be able to participate in the Program.

That arrived in my inbox AFTER (I believe) the email you are referring to with the 7am time. I think we have until 11:59pm (ET) tonight to respond.
The 7am time is most current on the DSP site.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited, R1S Launch Green
Clubs

My eTrade account is purchasing the shares now I think (re-confirmed the price this evening and now says allocating) - whereas my DSP account is still in limbo.

Guess it doesn't matter if you are a Rivian order holder at all.

Sponsored

MarkB

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 1500HD

Respond to what? If we don't get the email from MS there is nothing to respond too....

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Man if they had told me I'd have to stay up past my bedtime and/or set my alarm clock for earlier than my normal wakeup for this I would have been out from the start but I feel like I'm too invested in this now to give in so easily.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

As I always do, when faced with a critical timing issue like this in my life, I simply ask myself, "What would Bluto do?"

https://images.app.goo.gl/NxdFJeYj31zLVLD79

I'm certainly not in a position to storm the castle at Morgan Stanley, but I thought a little humor might help as we wait for something......anything, at this point. I was on campus when they filmed Animal House, so any reminder of this classic gives me great pleasure.

RIP, John.

(sorry for the short ad preceding this scene)

NoDakEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'85 Monte Carlo SS, '20 I-Pace, '15 F-150,
Clubs

Well, I think I will spend my time waiting looking for an iPace to buy. I've been delaying for 8 months now thinking my delivery would be 'soon' (#10,256, but add 10000 for being in Minnesota without a service center). I might as well have an EV to drive and then sell it when the RT1 is finally ready to pick up. 2023 based on some filings. The Minnesota factor is huge if you look at their service center and charging network planning. At least I like snow and cold weather. :)
Sponsored