Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, '04 Corvette ZO6
Occupation
Business Owner
Clubs

Well $62/share was tough enough to pencil out. $78/share? I'll wish them all the success in the world. Keeping my funds on the ready, I'll buy the dip.

I really like what they're doing; just not at $78/share. Well not for me anyhow....too much money to be made elsewhere in the market right now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
That's a fair point, but it's the potential that is represented there that I think is appealing, not just one time revenue from vehicle sales but recurring revenue from the software as well.

Think about this: over the next 10 years local, state, and federal governments are going to be under increasing pressure to "go green" with their fleets of vehicles and there is about to be a giant pot of money available to subsidize that transition. States are also offering businesses tax breaks for having electric vehicles which will make it more appealing for private companies to phase in more EVs. I think the huge Hertz deal is helping them with this specifically.

People talk about first mover status, and this makes them a first mover in that space with a platform that they have demonstrated to be tailorable to a specific use case with the EDV.
If nothing else, I like that they make their own Mobile Service vehicles. ?āœŒā¤āš”??

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

So the expectations is that local governments and other fleet managing companies are going to step away from the household names that are all bringing EV options to the market?
Isn't that what the post office did with Oshkosh?

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Anyone get a confirmation email from Morgan Stanley yet?

brainf18

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2C, Porsche 911, Porsche 904
No email yet....They sure are making it a pretty small time window.

Sponsored

Mark K

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Volt
Occupation
Retired
I have also heard nothing. With only 4 hours left until they close the offer, I'm wondering if I have been excluded without being notified.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Man oh man... We'll I loved the R1T more then my Model S in 2015 and I was in at $190/share with Tesla despite criticism.

My gut wasn't wrong then... let's just hope I haven't lost it?

My guts (or mind) that is ?
How long will it take Rivian to ramp up to building 800,000 vehicles per year?

I think it will take Rivian a LOT longer to ramp up than it took Tesla.

Thus Rivian should be valued a lot less than Tesla on a per share basis.

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

Has anyone yet received their confirmation email from Morgan Stanley?

I have NOT.
NO! Been logged on, and there is no way to allocate DSP shares that I can find!!! Its now 636 CST, wasnā€™t the allocating suppose to be up with final share cost at 5pm EST?!

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
That's a fair point, but it's the potential that is represented there that I think is appealing, not just one time revenue from vehicle sales but recurring revenue from the software as well.

Think about this: over the next 10 years local, state, and federal governments are going to be under increasing pressure to "go green" with their fleets of vehicles and there is about to be a giant pot of money available to subsidize that transition. States are also offering businesses tax breaks for having electric vehicles which will make it more appealing for private companies to phase in more EVs. I think the huge Hertz deal is helping them with this specifically.

People talk about first mover status, and this makes them a first mover in that space with a platform that they have demonstrated to be tailorable to a specific use case with the EDV.
This is ponzi style justification. Sure Iā€™ll buy shares but if they go to zero it wonā€™t affect my life. I hope folks that canā€™t afford to lose $10k in a weekend in Vegas truly consider the risks and that the valuation is based on a theoretical market share grab of musical chairs

Sponsored

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
The number of people interested in buying shares.
The early investors including Amazon is buying half of those. That also has an impact.

brainf18

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2C, Porsche 911, Porsche 904
I received a "reminder" email today at 1:12 EST...saying be ready between 5 and midnight. Crickets since then

Lisa & Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20217 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
theoldbaileyplace.com, Escalante, Utah.
Clubs

Iā€™m not going to exercise my option for 100 shares. I will get 10 so I can say I was in the IPO. Iā€™ll check in again on 01/01/2022 to see if I can afford more. Thatā€™ll give the open market is set a rational valuation. Since I donā€™t except to see my R1S (02/2021 preorder) until sometime in 2024 I have time to see if I made the right decisio.

GIJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Tesla 3