First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
When we get info on which 40 states are covered I will update the original post with the list. I have already emailed them and requested this information. I really don't see this post being useful until we know which states it is available in.

Edit: I received an automated response saying that they will respond within 24 hours.

Edit 2: From another thread...

To clarify, I emailed the insurance team, not the general CS team. Hopefully they will have the info!
I have too. Should hear back in a day per automated email.
Sponsored

MichaelW

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XFR, Ford Mustang GT, Mazda Miata, Smart ForTwo
57 mph with no hands. Not sure I will get used to this.

1618509287949.png
Agreed. 57 mph is way too slow. Cruise at 90 mph minimum or just give me back the controls and I'll do it myself

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
There are plenty of companies that can provide me with insurance quotes and there are plenty of banks and credit unions where I can get auto loan rates.

There is only one company that can provide me with a hands on test drive of a Rivian, this is the only news I care about.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

There are plenty of companies that can provide me with insurance quotes and there are plenty of banks and credit unions where I can get auto loan rates.

There is only one company that can provide me with a hands on test drive of a Rivian, this is the only news I care about.

You should change your name to Straight Shooter Bill!

JdelValle62

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Occupation
Economist
Have I missed something? Rivian is offering an insurance for the Rooftop Tent, but I have not seen what they are offering as such! Has anybody seen anything official about Rivian’s Rooftop Tent?

Sponsored

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
I emailed them too, I’m interested to see what they can give me for my house and other car. Will report back if they can quote me anything
Well they say they will be using partners. So I’m assuming that if it is the same underwriter they are likely using for Auto, then you could get a good discount between home, car, and multiple cars. It should be similar to the partner they are using behind the scenes; Allstate, Farmers, State Farm, a smaller one, or whomever it is…. I’m not expecting some revolutionary savings though.

Pioneer52

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Wagoneer, Jeep CJ 7
Occupation
Retired
Will it be monitoring me the whole time? I do wonder if it will use cameras to record 24x7 and only store events prior to accident's or something triggered by ECM just like a blackbox.
I inquired about that months ago but the answer was not specific. If the surveillance system (camera located near rear view mirror checking driver's behavior, If I am not mistaken) will be on at all times even when driving manually I will most likely skip my order. In due time I will repeat my question to Rivian, maybe they will know later on.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 2.40.27 PM.jpg

I love that it has the Tesla-like view of other cars on the road.
I'm curious if that will make production, or not. In other videos we've seen the graphic is static and doesn't actually work -- it's just a placeholder.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Does anyone recognize the highway?
I can't be certain, but it looks like California State Route 86 that runs along Salton Sea...

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Insurance Info Announced! Messages Image(2074887017)

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Insurance Info Announced! Messages Image(388705939)

Pharmanml

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep JK Rubicon Recon
I'm curious if that will make production, or not. In other videos we've seen the graphic is static and doesn't actually work -- it's just a placeholder.
Definitely static as it doesn't seem seem to match the traffic ahead of her or the car passing her on the right.

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
So, if i use driver+ i get a discount, but when i do 0-60 blasts, and tank turns inthe middle of the street i get rates raised? hmmm....
This is actually quite a fascinating question. If they rely on all their telemetrics to come up with your monthly charge, then they should in theory not charge you for using one of the vehicle's features (i.e. 0-60 in 3 or tank turn) in the appropriate environments. Or are they smart enough to tie in traffic data to know that there's no one on your street at 3am and it's "safe" to do a 0-60 blast? ?‍♂

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Have I missed something? Rivian is offering an insurance for the Rooftop Tent, but I have not seen what they are offering as such! Has anybody seen anything official about Rivian’s Rooftop Tent?
Rivian has shared official pictures with the Rivian-branded Yakima tent... So yea, it's been confirmed. We haven't seen pricing and a full accessory catalog, however.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I can't be certain, but it looks like California State Route 86 that runs along Salton Sea...

Messages Image(2074887017).png

Messages Image(388705939).png
That is a good guess, the single lane road does look like highway 74 between Palm Springs and Hemet which would put them in the general area in Coachella Valley

Athena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I'm afraid I find it creepy they will be tracking all my data through the driver assist and calculating that into my insurance premiums. I'll probably stick with my own insurance, although I guess the "Big Brother" concept is and has been here for some time now.....

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
That is a good guess, the single lane road does look like highway 74 between Palm Springs and Hemet which would put them in the general area in Coachella Valley
Here is another view from Google Maps... very hard to tell, but the mountains in the video are what lead me to the Salton Sea.

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Insurance Info Announced! Messages Image(365524136)
Sponsored