IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Insurance Info Announced! 1618509287949~2

I wonder, for what is this hole? Maybe the pre-production model had the other stalks that were taken out for production. Not a big deal, just curious.
Sponsored

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Does anyone recognize the highway?

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
1618509287949~2.png

I wonder, for what is this hole? Maybe the pre-production model had the other stalks that were taken out for production. Not a big deal, just curious.
It was previously for the air suspension stalk, but we think thats been moved into the touchscreen and adjusted via software.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

It was previously for the air suspension stalk, but we think thats been moved into the touchscreen and adjusted via software.
What @Jsidell said. They also removed the cruise control stalk which was just opposite of the ride height stalk. If you notice she used the PRND stalk to activate Drivers+.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
In the video, it also appears that she pushes down on the top stalk to activate Driver+

Sponsored

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA MS85 RIVIAN reservation holder
they are not actually the insurance provider....

"We work with leading providers to offer comprehensive policies and premium customization. Get quotes, service and renew your policies through one streamlined experience. The moment you need help, you’ll have one number to call. '

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Volvo XC 90
Occupation
Engineer
I have tried switching insurance before. When you package everything together... everyone charges about the same. Curious if they will offer seismic and umbrella policies.

Reactions: Rad

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
57 mph with no hands. Not sure I will get used to this.

1618509287949.png
Can see about the time I’m getting used to this, ‘Bambi’ will decide to make a dash for it and test the Driver+ response on her own. And it may very well respond quicker and smoother than I’m expecting.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Definitely weird at first, but you’ll get used to it (and love it). I really debated whether to get it on my Tesla back in 2015. It was still in beta then, so I couldn’t try it out. I had dynamic cruise in my Audi and never used it because it would leave too much gap between me and the car in front of me, and people would constantly cut in. I was worried the Tesla we be equally frustrating, plus I’m a pretty “active” driver and didn’t know if I’d like the car taking over the steering. Boy was I wrong. Greatest thing ever! I’m not sure I want or need full autonomy, but it’s nice to not have to be so focused on what’s directly in front of you all the time. Really makes long trips more relaxing and enjoyable when you can take in more of the scenery. Also useful is gridlock stop-and-go traffic, although I don’t spend much time in traffic where I generally drive.

RIV206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 R1S, '23 Model Y
Clubs

Was this emailed to you guys? I haven’t received anything from them yet.

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

1618509287949.png
You will be surprised at how fast you can get used to it, especially on long highway stretches....

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

YOUR POLICIES IN ONE PLACE
We know how complicated it can be to manage multiple policies with different providers, so we help bring your insurance needs together
. In addition to covering your Rivian, we can also insure many other things, including your other vehicles, home, boat, camper and dirt bikes.
We work with leading providers to offer comprehensive policies and premium customization.

Were multiple carriers needed to accommodate certain states? If multiple carriers are available in the Rivian owner's state, will we have a choice of who we go with. Will we get quotes from each of them?

As others have asked, how onerous will their telemetrics and tracking programs be. Will they be tied to the vaccinations we're all receiving. Not worried, just asking for the voices in my head. ? Will Alexa broadcast the profanities I direct at the Prius driver ahead of me for always driving ten MPH below the limit? Will our images be televised somewhere like in the movie The Truman Show?

All answers in due time, I guess. I just don't want the release of these details to count for our weekly Thursday release in 7 or 14 days.
Sponsored