Sponsored

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
https://stories.rivian.com/rivian-insurance

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Insurance Info Announced! cover-1618495723.jpg;resize(1300,_,crop)

RIVIAN INSURANCE
Comprehensive coverage designed for your adventures.
Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Insurance Info Announced! original-1575669588.jpg;resize(800,800,crop)
RIVIAN

Designed using our connected vehicle platform and suite of safety features, Rivian Insurance covers your vehicle and accessories even when you go off-road.
You can also bundle your home, recreational equipment and other vehicles. Initially available in 40 states, we’re working to bring Rivian Insurance to every market where our vehicles are available.

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Insurance Info Announced! original.jpg;resize(1100,_)

SEAMLESS FROM THE START
Rivian Insurance is integrated into our digital ordering process, so you can get a quote in minutes through one simple, convenient experience. If you have questions during the process, help is a phone call away. Licensed Rivian Insurance Advisors are here to help with your insurance needs.

We designed Rivian Insurance seamlessly into the order process to make getting a quote simple, easy and less stressful.

EXPLORE WITH CONFIDENCE

Rivian Insurance integrates with our connected vehicle platform and suite of safety features to bring you tailored, data-driven coverage. We want you to feel comfortable using the full capabilities of your Rivian and designed Rivian Insurance to cover your R1 even when you go off-road. Our vehicle coverage also includes your Rivian accessories, like the Camp Kitchen and Rooftop Tent.

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Insurance Info Announced! original.JPG;resize(1100,_)

AN END-TO-END APPROACH
We understand our vehicle, our technology and our repair costs better than anyone. This allows us to quickly and comprehensively diagnose issues — many times even remotely — as well as identify solutions faster. This efficiency not only helps get your vehicle back to you more quickly, it helps us offer lower premiums.
With Rivian Collision Centers and Service Centers performing the work, we can ensure high-quality repairs. By working as one team with Rivian Service and Parts, we’re confident your experience using Rivian Insurance will be transparent and less stressful, allowing you to get back to enjoying your vehicle faster.

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Insurance Info Announced! original.jpg;resize(1100,_)

POWERED BY TECHNOLOGY
Every Rivian vehicle is equipped with our Driver+ suite of safety technology. In addition to helping protect you and your loved ones, having these features also lowers your insurance premium. When you select Rivian Insurance, you automatically receive our Driver+ rate reduction.
For more savings, we offer an additional program that rewards you for using Active Driving Assistance, our Driver+ feature that automatically steers and adjusts your speed on the highway. When you opt in to this program, the more often you engage Active Driving Assistance, the lower your insurance rates when you renew.
More information on Driver+ related discountsÂą will be available when selecting Rivian Insurance. And of course, when using our driver assistance features, you should always keep full attention on the road and never use a hand-held device behind the wheel.

Our Driver+ Active Driving Assistance helps keep you safe, so we offer a discount on your insurance the more you use it.

YOUR POLICIES IN ONE PLACE

We know how complicated it can be to manage multiple policies with different providers, so we help bring your insurance needs together. In addition to covering your Rivian, we can also insure many other things, including your other vehicles, home, boat, camper and dirt bikes.
We work with leading providers to offer comprehensive policies and premium customization. Get quotes, service and renew your policies through one streamlined experience. The moment you need help, you’ll have one number to call.

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Insurance Info Announced! original.jpg;resize(400,_)

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Insurance Info Announced! original.jpg;resize(400,_)

For questions about Rivian Insurance, email a licensed Rivian Insurance Advisor at [email protected]. For general questions, visit Rivian Support for online help and to reach us by chat, phone or email. We are available Mon-Fri, 8 AM to 8 PM CT. For more on the R1T truck or R1S SUV, please visit rivian.com.

Insurance products and discounts not available for purchase in all states. Rivian Insurance Services, LLC is an Illinois domiciled insurance agency. Products are underwritten by Rivian’s third party insurance carriers. Subject to underwriting guidelines, review, and approval. Products and discounts not available to all persons in all states. Discounts do not apply to all coverage elements. Actual savings may vary by state, coverage selections, rating factors and policy changes.

Edit: After emailing Rivian Insurance Support and asking which states will be covered I received the following message.

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Insurance Info Announced! Screenshot_20210415-171056

Below is a "Rivian Yellow" map that I made.

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Insurance Info Announced! amCharts
Sponsored

Last edited:

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Nice! Nothing I needed or wanted to know but good to know :) Also Drive + Video is neat.
But having insurance premiums go down due to using Driver+...intriguing

...and she was driving w/ NO HANDS people....for those of you who took the WORDS LITERALLY that two hands had to be on the steering wheel...

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Did I miss the list of 40 states where this will be initially available?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

But having insurance premiums go down due to using Driver+...intriguing

...and she was driving w/ NO HANDS people....for those of you who took the WORDS LITERALLY that two hands had to be on the steering wheel...

Will it be monitoring me the whole time? I do wonder if it will use cameras to record 24x7 and only store events prior to accident's or something triggered by ECM just like a blackbox.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RforRivian

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
When we get info on which 40 states are covered I will update the original post with the list. I have already emailed them and requested this information. I really don't see this post being useful until we know which states it is available in.

Edit: I received an automated response saying that they will respond within 24 hours.

Edit 2: From another thread...
CS doesn't have the specific states yet. They said they'll email me when it's available to them as well.
To clarify, I emailed the insurance team, not the general CS team. Hopefully they will have the info!

Edit 3:

Here is the response I received.

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Insurance Info Announced! Screenshot_20210415-171056

Last edited:

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
This particular topic aside....they seem to be on a steady cadence of Thursday news drops, so maybe we're building towards something in the coming weeks....

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
This particular topic aside....they seem to be on a steady cadence of Thursday news drops, so maybe we're building towards something in the coming weeks....
Earth Day is coming up....

Sponsored

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Car insurance must have some nice margins. Do you notice how many car insurance commercials run on TV? They seem to be running all the time. You don't spend $100 million on Tv commercials unless the new business you get is profitable.

Ty012

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi
Wonder if I have to have my Rivian to sign up. I’ve been thinking about changing insurance companies and would be interested in a quote for home and current autos, assuming available in my state.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
57 mph with no hands. Not sure I will get used to this.

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Insurance Info Announced! 1618509287949

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA MS85 RIVIAN reservation holder
So, if i use driver+ i get a discount, but when i do 0-60 blasts, and tank turns inthe middle of the street i get rates raised? hmmm....

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I emailed them too, I’m interested to see what they can give me for my house and other car. Will report back if they can quote me anything
Sponsored