Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
How are you all getting quotes? Nobody from the insurance group at Rivian has reached out to me as of yet.
I just called my Nationwide agent and talked to him about the coverage. Similar quote to what's above.

They aren't going to reach out to you. At least not until they have a truck to deliver you.
Sponsored

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

i believe its usually quoted at 6 months.
I agree, that’s typical. I’m just hoping that quote was for a year because it’s slightly more than double what others have shared for their 6 month policy on R1Ts (and about 4x what I pay for comp with similar limits on an older full size truck).

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I agree, that’s typical. I’m just hoping that quote was for a year because it’s slightly more than double what others have shared for their 6 month policy on R1Ts (and about 4x what I pay for comp with similar limits on an older full size truck).
We always get screwed in CA. I spoke with Rivian Insurance a while back and the guy wasn't even sure if they would provide quotes in soCal because they can't (won't) compete.

I have a while before needing the insurance. I will wait until I have the vehicle, then worry about it?

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

I’ve got a call scheduled now to find out.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
i believe its usually quoted at 6 months.
The quote is for a "12 month" term. Again, this is discounted because it includes coverage for two cars and my home.

Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
The quote is for a "12 month" term. Again, this is discounted because it includes coverage for two cars and my home.
Keep in mind that my delivery window is not until Oct-Dec 2022, so I don't know how much it will actually end up costing.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Here's a quote from AAA that you compare directly with the Rivian/Nationwide quote I posted. Again, both quotes are discounted because they cover my two cars and my house.

Unlike the Rivian/Nationwide coverage, and as expected, AAA is charging more for the R1T than the 5 year-old Prius.

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Insurance Info Announced! image005

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I contacted them and they called back. Here is the email, it can be found on the insurance link at the bottom of the Rivian site.

[email protected]
They can provide you with a mock VIN you can use to get quotes from other insurance companies. The Rivian/Nationwide rep gave me a mock VIN that's been useful as I gather insurance quotes.

By the way, the "Rivian" agent I've been working with actually represents several insurance companies. She accidentally answered the phone "State Form, how can I help you." the other day. So don't expect to get any good Rivian gossip or inside info from them.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

They can provide you with a mock VIN you can use to get quotes from other insurance companies. The Rivian/Nationwide rep gave me a mock VIN that's been useful as I gather insurance quotes.

By the way, the "Rivian" agent I've been working with actually represents several insurance companies. She accidentally answered the phone "State Form, how can I help you." the other day. So don't expect to get any good Rivian gossip or inside info from them.
Maybe she's a recent convert from State Farm. Old habits die hard.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Got a quote on rates:

Matching my current policy*, insurance on my 2009 F150 will increase 68% to $570/6mo, and switching a 2008 Land Rover for an R1S will increase that rate about 60% to $640/6 months.

I expected the jump for the R1 since it is brand new, but I’m rather shocked at the increase my truck would see if I switched.

My homeowners rate decreased by $40 (about .4%) for the year.

*(250/500/100 liability, 250/500/100 underinsured motorist, PIP, and $500 comprehensive deductible)
Sponsored