First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Yes, but it's just one of the several other data points.

1. Your original preorder date
2. Where you take delivery by the coverage of Rivian Service Centers
3. Where you take delivery by Mobile Service fleet
4. Where you take delivery by available charging infrastructure
5. What you configured by paint color
6. What you configured by interior package
7. What you configured by option choices

The next step is to:
  1. Determine the weight of each data point
  2. Multiply the weight by each value
  3. Add the results of step two together

Then you will have your delivery date window.
I guess the bright side is by the time the code is cracked, it will be the end of the year and you can celebrate with a drive around the block in your new LE that was already delivered....
Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
"This summer, we will be kicking off a test drive program to get you behind the wheel and experiencing our vehicles firsthand. We will be giving preorder holders first access, helping you prepare for the adventures you’ll soon be taking. Our schedule and program details will be announced soon."

How has no one seemed to care about Test Drives in this thread or did I just skim over it?!?! ? ;):clap:?:cool:
I was excited as this email seemed like Rivian finally has reached out, provided some time frames for different buckets of orders and set some expectations. I’m an early pre-order, but Max Pack R1T so I know I’m 2022...but summer test drive, and hopefully have the opportunity to look at colors, etc in person, this will be awesome. Half the fun of getting something like the R1T is the anticipation ?

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I would have thought this line would have made at least a few people with various reasons for hesitation happy: "Our confidence in your satisfaction is demonstrated in our 7-day, 1,000-mile return policy." This was new news for me but I admit up front it could simply have previously escaped my attention if this has been known for a while..
This was announced yesterday, and they haven’t said what terms and conditions will apply. I wouldn’t be surprised if you still have to pay the destination fee when rejecting the vehicle after 7 days. Do you get your deposit back? Time will tell.

The good news is that there will be test drives this summer. It wasn’t clear yesterday if the 7 day return policy was in lieu of offering test drives.

I would speculate that they will probably do test drive “pop up” events in the major markets over the summer. You would go to some outdoor event space and you could reserve a time to test drive the vehicle and/or look at different versions. May still be an issue for folks that live too far away from any major city.

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
Colorado seems like the obvious choice for the initial release of an adventure vehicle, and all the news we have already heard on the Rivian charging stations in Colorado.

I would suggest everyone submits a Denver address. I can let you borrow mine if needed ;)
January 2019 Golden CO / I hope that is the hot ticket and before summer is out.

Moonjock

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
Occupation
Lab Tech
I guess I'm SOL, in Alaska can't be that many pre-orders up here. LOL

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
I really hope that is the R1S keyfob and that the R1T has a way to open the powered tonneau cover from the fob. I have it on my current truck and being able to open/close the cover from my keychain is VERY convenient.

I also don't think the carabiner is too large. I doubt I would even notice it...

IMG-0613.jpg
That’s awesome. Facilities or locksmith?

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Im sure you already watch, but I geek out on lock picking lawyer lol.
Ha!

I was just going to suggest a wave rake would be a hell of a lot smaller and nearly as fast for most of those locks.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Now this section is what concerns me, I preordered last year in April, and I’m worried I’m not going to be able to get my LE R1T this year and I really need the tax credit:

”A dedicated Rivian Guide will be assigned to every preorder holder. Guides will begin reaching out in May based on the above three factors, however, due to the large number of preorders, many of you won’t be in this initial cohort of outreach. We expect every Launch Edition preorder holder to meet their Guide by Thanksgiving. From that point forward, your Guide will be with you every step of the way — from purchase to delivery and beyond.”
1. You ordered in April of 2020 and got a Launch Edition? Yeah, you're gonna wait. Some of us have been waiting patiently for years and are happy to wait longer for better quality.

2. If you qualify for the tax credit under the current tax structure, you don't need it, you want it. Spending $75k+ on a vehicle, you clearly aren't in need.

3. If you aren't happy with this timeline, I'll happily take it off your hands ☺

wilderaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT, Honda Odyssey, Cadillac Lyriq
"This summer, we will be kicking off a test drive program to get you behind the wheel and experiencing our vehicles firsthand. We will be giving preorder holders first access, helping you prepare for the adventures you’ll soon be taking. Our schedule and program details will be announced soon."

How has no one seemed to care about Test Drives in this thread or did I just skim over it?!?! ? ;):clap:?:cool:
Agreed. No test drives before June 20 and probably months later for most preorder holders. I also wouldn't expect any deliveries before the test drive program kicks off.

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
I really hope that is the R1S keyfob and that the R1T has a way to open the powered tonneau cover from the fob. I have it on my current truck and being able to open/close the cover from my keychain is VERY convenient.

I also don't think the carabiner is too large. I doubt I would even notice it...

IMG-0613.jpg
Looks like my wife’s hey ring. ?
Sponsored