kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Based off of all the data have seen I think the reason for the slow trickle of information is simply put because they are not ready.

I believe the level of what we think the company will be active and viable to everyone won't happen until September or October. For us LE holders we will see delivery as following:

• EPA Numbers Come out in June/July
  • Crash Testing won't be official until July/August
  • Delivery will be 1000% personal and we will get a very limited number of accessories either included or as a option to bundle but not as much as you would think.
  • Deliveries will come with a gift box thanking us for our patience
  • No Dealerships or test drive events until July/August it self (they are still hiring the people who are coordinating these events so to get them hired and trained is at least 1.5 months).
  • No in store/service centers at Launch, though any issues will be handled albeit probably a little slower. Maybe By December first store will open.
  • Showing us colors and materials in person will be coordinated by the in person events which wont start until July.
  • Deliveries that are 100% confirmed with out test driving, in person color choice, or material could happen in June but only if you agree to not care about those until delivery with a 7 day return policy.
  • All 2018 orders will happen in June, 2019 in July/August/September/October and 2020 Past October.

I am just making assumptions based on where they are at as a organization in the hiring process, I hope I am 100% wrong and being pessimistic. A lot moving parts happen here and if they can't do things I don't hold it against them as they are moving mountains to start something from the ground up. It takes time.

Anywhose just my brain dump for today.
Updated. On that note I thought I would have a new vehicle in August but here we are I think saying otherwise. I don't think they are being pessimistic or saying this now and delivery later. I think they are genuinely going to take a while to fill all orders as they SLOWLY start production.
Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Let the speculation begin!!!
I'm updating my profile address to take delivery near wherever the largest group of preorders in the state is located... just like they recommend in the email.
I will selflessly volunteer to join the assembly team to put the finishing touches on my order and take delivery from the factory, and maybe some others if I have time ?

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
I am more pleased with this news! :clap:

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Let the speculation begin!!!
I'm updating my profile address to take delivery near wherever the largest group of preorders in the state is located... just like they recommend in the email.
Colorado seems like the obvious choice for the initial release of an adventure vehicle, and all the news we have already heard on the Rivian charging stations in Colorado.

I would suggest everyone submits a Denver address. I can let you borrow mine if needed ;)

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Well, with news like this, I’m real glad that I put in my preorder way back in 2018. Maybe there’s still hope I’ll see my R1T before the summer is over aha

Sponsored

Amdolan

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango
As a non-LE reservation holder my email is slightly different. Basically replace “Launch Edition” with “Adventure and Explore Package”. Main difference I see if that it says “Guides will begin reaching out to Adventure and Explore Package preorder holders near Thanksgiving based on the above three factors, however, due to the large number of preorders, many of you won’t be in the initial cohort of outreach”

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
As a non-LE reservation holder my email is slightly different. Basically replace “Launch Edition” with “Adventure and Explore Package”. Also timelines look to be the same in the email, even with differentiation between LE and non-LE.
Interesting. The email says your guide will contact you before Thanksgiving for a non-LE vehicle?

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
As a non-LE reservation holder my email is slightly different. Basically replace “Launch Edition” with “Adventure and Explore Package”. Also timelines look to be the same in the email, even with differentiation between LE and non-LE.
Yep, I noticed this as well. Hopefully my very early, but non-LE, R1S preorder will have me contacted around Christmas.

Last edited:

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I have a late pre-order (Oct. 2020). I figure I wont be taking delivery until the end of 2021 or beginning of 2022. I wonder when the cut off will be for the R1T being a 2021 vs 2022 model.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Now this section is what concerns me, I preordered last year in April, and I’m worried I’m not going to be able to get my LE R1T this year and I really need the tax credit:

”A dedicated Rivian Guide will be assigned to every preorder holder. Guides will begin reaching out in May based on the above three factors, however, due to the large number of preorders, many of you won’t be in this initial cohort of outreach. We expect every Launch Edition preorder holder to meet their Guide by Thanksgiving. From that point forward, your Guide will be with you every step of the way — from purchase to delivery and beyond.”
I see this as indicating people will be contacted by their Guide about a month before delivery. So in May for June delivery, etc, etc, and by Thanksgiving for Christmas delivery - with expectations of delivering all LE vehicles by EOY.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
No explicit confirmation of June deliveries is a touch concerning.

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Volvo XC 90
Occupation
Engineer
Interesting that in my email test drives might be available this summer before speaking with a Guide late in the year??? R1T Max range preorder...

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Reading between the lines, sounds like Rivian is going to try very hard to get all LE vehicles delivered by the end of the year or by early 2022
I have seen a couple of items that they expect all LEs to be delivered by year end.

I have not seen any mention of that changing yet....