Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I really hope that is the R1S keyfob and that the R1T has a way to open the powered tonneau cover from the fob. I have it on my current truck and being able to open/close the cover from my keychain is VERY convenient.

I also don't think the carabiner is too large. I doubt I would even notice it...

Rivian R1T R1S Official: Rivian Experience – Purchasing, Return Policy & Charging IMG-0613
Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I guess you don't need a remote start with an electric vehicle :CWL: , I assume you have to use the app to make sure that the cabin is comfortable (heat or cool) when you get ready to leave?

HalcyonRider

First Name
Segundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pathfinder, R1200GSA
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I really hope that is the R1S keyfob and that the R1T has a way to open the powered tonneau cover from the fob. I have it on my current truck and being able to open/close the cover from my keychain is VERY convenient.

I also don't think the carabiner is too large. I doubt I would even notice it...

IMG-0613.jpg
I'm not going to lie, this picture stresses me out. :)

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Ahhh? Is that fob a little large? That is supposed to go in my pocket? Am I missing something?

https://rivian.com/experience

1619128199437.png

Car buying made simple.
You can manage the entire purchase process on your phone or computer. If you ever have a question, your personal Rivian Guide is here to help. To ensure your happiness, you have 7 days or 1,000 miles to return your vehicle after it’s delivered. Our goal is to make buying a Rivian easy and transparent.

1619128869761.png

1619128877932.png

https://rivian.com/support/article/how-do-trade-ins-work

How do trade-ins work?
A trade-in is used as a credit towards your new Rivian.

Rivian will make a trade-in offer during our online ordering process. We accept most makes and models of vehicles as trade-in, though some may require manual review.

These decisions are determined by a combination of user-supplied information, market value and vehicle history. Rivian will collect your trade-in vehicle on delivery day.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Ahhh? Is that fob a little large? That is supposed to go in my pocket? Am I missing something?
I believe Rivian plans to provide adventure backpacks large enough to carry the key fob.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

It is the R1S fob as one of the buttons is for powered liftgate. I think good bet that button will be reconfigured to control R1T powered tonneau.
It's more likely the button will be reused for tailgate release on the R1T. I doubt there will be a tonneau button because it's not a standard feature so some trucks will lack the option.

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I am stunned...they have to be kidding. My crappy Xterra fob is at least 60% smaller from 2009. Is anyone else shocked?

I believe Rivian plans to provide adventure backpacks large enough to carry the key fob.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I am stunned...they have to be kidding. My crappy Xterra fob is at least 60% smaller from 2009. Is anyone else shocked?
Yes, but as a bonus you can use the Rivian Key fob as a wheel lock, just insert it around the wheel and tire, this way nobody can drive off with your prized possession.
Rivian R1T R1S Official: Rivian Experience – Purchasing, Return Policy & Charging 1619200859399

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Email-

“We appreciate having your support and commitment as we continue this journey together.

In preparation for deliveries, we’ve updated our website with new details on owning a Rivian — from ordering online and taking delivery at home, to a map of the locations for our network of fast chargers, the Rivian Adventure Network.

At the plant, we are working through validation and bringing up our production lines. We are focused on quality and consistency as we begin ramping up our volume week-by-week through spring and summer. Many of you have spotted our camouflaged development vehicles being tested across the US. With hundreds of vehicles in this test fleet across several build phases, these development vehicles help us ensure that you are extremely happy with what we ultimately deliver to you. Our confidence in your satisfaction is demonstrated in our 7-day, 1,000-mile return policy.

Delivery timing will be based on your original preorder date, plus two additional factors:

Where you take delivery

To provide the best ownership experience, our delivery schedule is synced with the growing coverage of our Rivian Service Centers, Mobile Service fleet and available charging infrastructure. Now is a good time to update your address in your Rivian Account.

What you configured

We will initially be building similarly configured vehicles grouped by paint color, interior package and option choices. Grouping vehicles this way helps us accelerate our ramp up and deliver as many vehicles to customers as possible.

A dedicated Rivian Guide will be assigned to every preorder holder. Guides will begin reaching out in May based on the above three factors, however, due to the large number of preorders, many of you won’t be in this initial cohort of outreach. We expect every Launch Edition preorder holder to meet their Guide by Thanksgiving. From that point forward, your Guide will be with you every step of the way — from purchase to delivery and beyond.

This summer, we will be kicking off a test drive program to get you behind the wheel and experiencing our vehicles firsthand. We will be giving Launch Edition preorder holders first access, helping you prepare for the adventures you’ll soon be taking. Our schedule and program details will be announced soon.

We look forward to meeting you soon and planning your delivery. Until then, you can find more on our online Support Center, including links to email, chat or call. Our team is available 8AM to 8PM CT. And please visit our updated website for more on our ownership experience.

Here’s to many adventures ahead.

— The Guides”

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
I guess you don't need a remote start with an electric vehicle :CWL: , I assume you have to use the app to make sure that the cabin is comfortable (heat or cool) when you get ready to leave?
That's how Tesla works - assume this will be similar. I would also assume it can be done through an Echo in your house, if you have it. There was a third party app developer that created an Alexa-enabled Tesla skill that was pretty cool. "Alexa - warm up my car" or "Alexa - how much range does my car have?" Hoping I can just tell Alexa to prep my car, and it will get it to the right temperature.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Email-

A dedicated Rivian Guide will be assigned to every preorder holder. Guides will begin reaching out in May based on the above three factors, however, due to the large number of preorders, many of you won’t be in this initial cohort of outreach. We expect every Launch Edition preorder holder to meet their Guide by Thanksgiving. From that point forward, your Guide will be with you every step of the way — from purchase to delivery and beyond.

This summer, we will be kicking off a test drive program to get you behind the wheel and experiencing our vehicles firsthand. We will be giving Launch Edition preorder holders first access, helping you prepare for the adventures you’ll soon be taking. Our schedule and program details will be announced soon.

Rivian R1T R1S Official: Rivian Experience – Purchasing, Return Policy & Charging 1619201397527

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
We expect every Launch Edition preorder holder to meet their Guide by Thanksgiving.
Reading between the lines, sounds like Rivian is going to try very hard to get all LE vehicles delivered by the end of the year or by early 2022

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Let the speculation begin!!!
I'm updating my profile address to take delivery near wherever the largest group of preorders in the state is located... just like they recommend in the email.
Sponsored