Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LG/FE, Lightning Lariat ER, 2011 Tundra TRD
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Yikes. That looks like the mesh lets a ton of silty soil slip between the pad and the paint.
That's something to be mindful of with all pads, whether the have mesh for light bar or not. Dust will build up/cling to the pad material. I made sure to install PPF on the tailgate (from Twraps) prior to using one of these.
Sponsored

BCondrey

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
How many ways are there to transport a bike in the R1T? At least six.
How many manual tonneau covers are there? EXACTLY ZERO.
How many of us have paid for the manual tonneau and not received it? Thousands?

I could care less about another way to transport a bike and I am FED UP with the lack of responsiveness and communication over an accessory I have already paid for and not received.

Alchemy8279

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Mazda MX-5
Occupation
Middle Management
I'll vote "all of the above" 1Up 2-bike and 2 bomber pads for flexible options.
Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Bike Pad for R1T Tailgate - First Look! 🚴‍♀️ (updated w/ photos in use) Kanuga

GreenOptimist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I could care less about another way to transport a bike and I am FED UP with the lack of responsiveness and communication over an accessory I have already paid for and not received.
My thoughts exactly. Where is at least a photo of the manual tonneau cover?

Alchemy8279

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Mazda MX-5
Occupation
Middle Management
My thoughts exactly. Where is at least a photo of the manual tonneau cover?
I have been browsing the creations for sale by enterprising individuals but keep holding out for a Rivian solution. I have to believe it will be unique; at least, that is what I keep telling myself. If they don't hurry, I am going to have to start fabricating in my garage.

Sponsored

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
So apropos of nothing, I'm glad you like Bentonville. I grew up there, and it's unrecognizable to me. Mixed feelings at best about what they (and the Waltons) have done to my little hometown. But time marches on, etc, and some other cliches. Ha.
I grew up there as well. It’s a very different place now than it was in the 70’s and 80’s!

Synapticon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
Weighing in with my thoughts about the tailgate pad. First, I like it. I can see a few design tweaks that might help, with the straps. Unfortunately for me, it arrived a year late. I got and modified my own last year, right after I took delivery. I mountain bike several times a week, so it's a very useful add-on. I wouldn't be surprised to see a $500 price tag, way more than what mine cost. I got a close-out at REI for $75 and spent $50 to have "windows" made. Also the camo-green has been a nice contrast to solid colors everywhere.

I included pics of my regular hitch-mounted rack with Kuat swing out, that I use when I need to carry more and heavier bikes (expandable to 4 bikes & e-bikes).

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Bike Pad for R1T Tailgate - First Look! 🚴‍♀️ (updated w/ photos in use) Tailgate1
Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Bike Pad for R1T Tailgate - First Look! 🚴‍♀️ (updated w/ photos in use) Tailgate2

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Bike Pad for R1T Tailgate - First Look! 🚴‍♀️ (updated w/ photos in use) Tailgate3

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

They seem to be on a roll with announcements on the pad, spare wheel availability and both tonneau covers.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I saw this in person at the El Segundo service center yesterday. Looks not bad!

Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

This is a pretty typical way to transport bikes in a truck, even if the bed was 10 feet long.
Yep, I did this with my 8' bed F-250 all the time. Of course, that was old and the tailgate was beat up, so I didn't bother with a pad for the truck's sake, but for the bikes' sake. Sure, sometimes the bikes would just get piled in the bed, but most of the time *OVER THE GATE!* they went.

RIVinIT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.realestatebyscottmiller.com
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Porsche 911 S, Audi Q5
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Clubs

BC,
Wow you sound really bitter, maybe you should sell the best truck on the market and get a combustion engine truck with no technology that has a manual roll up cover!