Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I’m really hoping that the Costa Mesa Rivian service center is far better than the Costa Mesa Tesla service center (which is right around the corner - same as Lucid). The Tesla location was horrible and damaged my vehicle every single time I brought it in.
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I'm in Delaware and with my delivery coming on the 27th its inbound from Rockville, MD. I know area fairly well that was "speculated" as getting a DE center but from everything I have seen, there is nothing being built at the moment and I cannot find any county records of land deals, permits, zoning, etc.
Real shame nothing on the DE front. Rivian have another 15 or so locations to open to get to their goal of 40. Boston, NYC and Rockville are not sufficient for the whole mid Atlantic and New England areas.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

They have shooed people away who have reported going by because they aren’t officially able to host customers. @kanundrum May have more insight. I’m hoping they’ll eventually do some sort of open house or first drive style event in the DC area for reservation holders.

Official answer is Rockville is 100% Temporary and NON Customer Facing (Lack of SIgnage) until a more permanent and Bigger spot can be secured from what the manager told me several weeks back. Due to that no customers can be allowed anywhere onsite that isn't delivery related and cannot go back in the storage garage.

Robotpedlr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivan R1S
Occupation
Sales
Those worried about large tow bills for long range towing, should consider getting a AAA membership option. They have plans that include long tows.

MadMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Tesla Model 3
My Sunday recon was more fruitful than just donuts (Duck Donuts across the street). Unlocked even, tho I didn’t open the door. First time I’ve been up close! (Outside Rockville service center).

Rivian R1T R1S Official (Operational) Rivian Service Centers List Released by Rivian 8828221D-5A50-427A-9F2C-750D67F102D2

Last edited:

Sponsored

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Doe that mean you pay for transporting your truck 4.5 hrs if it is not derivable post warranty?

Any Tesla owners in the house that had to do any work post warranty in similar situation?

All my repairs have been done 3 minutes away from my house in the past. Never put much thought in this.
We live near Santa FE, NM and we have a service center very close, on an Indian Reservation--which is all that is allowed here in NM. Lovely place, very efficient.

.But for the Rician, our nearest one is in Denver, 5 hours away.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I’m really hoping that the Costa Mesa Rivian service center is far better than the Costa Mesa Tesla service center (which is right around the corner - same as Lucid). The Tesla location was horrible and damaged my vehicle every single time I brought it in.
Had a similar experience at Costa Mesa. Started taking my model y to the Irvine location. I’ve only picked up my R1 from Costa Mesa still waiting on my service appointment (from initiation of request 2+ months out).
Sponsored