Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Would be true of the Explorer package if not for the Meridian door speaker which can’t be had on an Explorer-trimmed R1.
*Maybe* they only have the Elevation speaker grills because all of the initial production units will be LEs.

I just wish they would communicate...
Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Thanks for all the sleuthing regarding the mesh netting. I also have this update to add from an email response by CS.
Not to worry – the mesh cargo netting that you are seeing in some of our VP build vehicles is not what will be used on our production models. I had actually seen chatter on this very subject on some of the forums and expected some of our community to reach out! The high-quality finishes and storage options that are shown in our vehicle configurator are what we will deliver to our preorder holders.

We’re glad that you like the Chilewich floor mats! The infotainment system and premium Meridian audio are going to be amazing – we can’t wait to share more of the details on those features soon!

My apologies to the Rivian design team for doubting their work, I am letting my anticipation get the best of me. A few other takeaways from this communication is that Rivian likely has a plethora of varied builds to validate different systems which will also help to finalize the production line. Secondly I was pleased to hear that CS representatives are monitoring forums.

canoemonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery Sport
Occupation
Nature-Based Solutions Project Developer
Interesting, that in the RJ R1S video from today that the back doors did indeed have the cheaper cargo mesh. I guess this is what they consider a VP build vehicle? What does VP stand for?

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Interesting, that in the RJ R1S video from today that the back doors did indeed have the cheaper cargo mesh. I guess this is what they consider a VP build vehicle? What does VP stand for?
I think it's "Validation Prototype", basically using the production line to see where problems of scale might occur. No component changes are generally expected, unless of course something simply doesn't work as required.

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Rivian R1T R1S Official Meridian - Rivian Announcement 1616031746122

Does this mean Explore package will not have audio system by Meridian? :eek:

Sponsored

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Damn. thats a bummer

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Damn. thats a bummer

To be fair it still maybe produced by Meridian BUT it will be lower end components. Could also be sourced by someone else.

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
true. good thing to ask CS if at all they have any info. We can expect "Good question, we shall share the details pretty soon" :CWL:

EV-X Oregon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Volvo XC 60, BWM X5, Honda Odessey
Occupation
Principal Real Estate Broker
I much prefer the "buckled cover" over the mesh. The buckled cover would be cool if you could actually unbuckle it to get into the door pocket to remove all items and clean as well. Mesh will stretch, be lame—and obviously cheaper for them to manufacturer.

I suspect the cheaper netting might be present on the Explore trim level, what with it being the “budget” trim and all

Alternatively, might just be pre-production netting that doesn’t represent the final product

Sponsored

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT