kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

https://www.meridian-audio.com/abou...-meridian-audio-for-electric-suvs-and-trucks/

British audio pioneer, Meridian Audio, is delighted to announce that it has been chosen by Rivian, the adventurous new electric vehicle maker and technology company, to provide the branded audio system for its electric vehicle platform. This exciting, long-term relationship sees the two companies working together to challenge convention and redefine the in-car audio experience for Rivianā€™s ground-breaking range of fully electric adventure vehicles.
Meridian has been collaborating with Rivian for more than 12 months and has been focussed on designing, engineering, and tuning high performance audio experiences that will embody Rivianā€™s ambitions to rethink mobility and shape the way people live, work, and play for the better.

Rivian R1T R1S Official Meridian - Rivian Announcement 1614663700267

R1T
Rivian R1T R1S Official Meridian - Rivian Announcement 1614987058827

Rivian R1T R1S Official Meridian - Rivian Announcement 1614986954617

R1S
Rivian R1T R1S Official Meridian - Rivian Announcement 1614987107463

Rivian R1T R1S Official Meridian - Rivian Announcement 1614987129969
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
See, I have to assume that Rivian authorised Meridian to make this announcement. So Iā€™m really getting the sense that Rivian must be gearing up for an info-dump relatively soon

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
See, I have to assume that Rivian authorised Meridian to make this announcement. So Iā€™m really getting the sense that Rivian must be gearing up for an info-dump relatively soon
I agree Rivian authorized it (this must be spelled out in their agt). It seems to me that Rivian is increasing the info flow (though to me it seems like a trickle). We all wait patiently (or impatiently). : )

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Me trying to absorb all the info I just know Rivianā€™s about to release:

Rivian R1T R1S Official Meridian - Rivian Announcement 1F75829E-3C6A-4A35-82D0-5B7E3A9D2BF6

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Me now:
Rivian R1T R1S Official Meridian - Rivian Announcement 9aa208c2ae94b213d9a34e11d1edc839

Me with Rivian info:
Rivian R1T R1S Official Meridian - Rivian Announcement 200 (1)

Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Those noisy 20-inch All-Terrain Pirellis don't stand a chance! Queue up Sammy Hagar's "I can't drive 55!"

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
I used to have an Acura TL, 2005, that supported DVD-Audio...not the same as audio from a DVD ( DVD-Audio - Wikipedia ) for true multi-channel sound from discs with that format. Man, it sounded great. Obviously, I don't expect a CD/DVD-A player in the R1T, but there are hi-rez, multi-channel audio formats out there with downloadable content. Would be nice if some of these were supported.

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
I used to have an Acura TL, 2005, that supported DVD-Audio...not the same as audio from a DVD ( DVD-Audio - Wikipedia ) for true multi-channel sound from discs with that format. Man, it sounded great. Obviously, I don't expect a CD/DVD-A player in the R1T, but there are hi-rez, multi-channel audio formats out there with downloadable content. Would be nice if some of these were supported.
I had the exact same 2005 Acura TL. Black with the camel interior, phew loved that car!
The ELS sound system youā€™re referring to was ahead of its time! Would be great if they supported that, but everythingā€™s now compressed audio on streaming services :(

Sponsored

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
Rivian R1T R1S Official Meridian - Rivian Announcement CFF89EBE-6978-45A6-85DF-50541559FB6A

I also couldnā€™t help but notice that in all the recent photos/videos (Wyoming Video especially) that the netting for the door bins is now this pictured above. Previously it had been the yellow clip with the solid piece of material in the configurator for both the Launch Edition and Adventure trims.

This loose netting isnā€™t visible anywhere in their photos online or in the configurator. Even the Explore trim interior has a clip and solid material in the door bin.

My only concern is that these netted door bins never hold their shape. I had to replace them in my Wrangler and GC due to sagging from use.

Anyone else got thoughts or notice this?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
My only concern is that these netted door bins never hold their shape. I had to replace them in my Wrangler and GC due to sagging from use.

Anyone else got thoughts or notice this?
Agreed. That type of material never holds up, in my experience. It also looks cheap. The previous design felt "different" and more "adventure"-oriented.

I really hope Rivian hasn't cost-analyzed all their quirks and "coolness" out of the R1T.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I noticed that too and totally agree, not a fan of the look or practicality of the net type. The others even had a zipper at the bottom for easy removal or cleaning and I thought that was an innovative touch. And it looked much more refined & suiting for a vehicle in this price range.