kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

The How too has been available for along time but haven't saw it around the forum just assumed everyone had it but here is a March 15th Updated Copy for R1S.

Rivian R1T R1S [Official] MARCH 2022 R1T + R1S Tow Operator Guide & Troubleshooting 1649093318766

Rivian R1T R1S [Official] MARCH 2022 R1T + R1S Tow Operator Guide & Troubleshooting 1649093332211
Sponsored

Attachments

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

On page 12 we finally get some hints at the rear cargo storage area of the R1S =)
Rivian R1T R1S [Official] MARCH 2022 R1T + R1S Tow Operator Guide & Troubleshooting 1649103162140

lmr

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat B7, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Technical Product Management
Clubs

On page 12 we finally get some hints at the rear cargo storage area of the R1S =)
1649103162140.png
Awesome! Also, for reference, the rear storage bin in the R1S is listed at 5.1 cu ft, so a little less than half of the space available in the front trunk.

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Very cool. So it appears there is a storage tray and under that is the spare tire. So let's say you removed the spare tire, then there could potentially be more storage space there. I might do that since none of my vehicles had a spare in at least 10-15 years. But we'll see.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Very cool. So it appears there is a storage tray and under that is the spare tire. So let's say you removed the spare tire, then there could potentially be more storage space there. I might do that since none of my vehicles had a spare in at least 10-15 years. But we'll see.
I am not sure from the diagrams if the spare wheel is under the tray or is a replacement for the tray since the space saver spare is an option. It could be an either /or.

Edit : reading the whole section it does look like the spare is under the tray so cargo space is increased.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

1649103162140.png
Beat me to it…first leaked images of R1S lol

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

No flat tires in 15yrs.....

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Awesome! Also, for reference, the rear storage bin in the R1S is listed at 5.1 cu ft, so a little less than half of the space available in the front trunk.
So what you're saying is shove the full size spare in the frunk! Got it! *cracks knuckles and readies for that fight*

😏

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
1649103162140.png
From that diagram, it looks like getting the spare in and out will be a real pain.

Thankfully, the only time I've gotten a flat tire in 12 years with my Q5 that has a similar inflatable spare, I was less than a mile from the Audi dealer, and it wasn't a total blowout, so I was able to get to the dealer and get a new set of tires (price matched to Tire Rack). I still have mixed feelings about what to do with my future R1S--get the inflatable spare or not.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

From that diagram, it looks like getting the spare in and out will be a real pain.

Thankfully, the only time I've gotten a flat tire in 12 years with my Q5 that has a similar inflatable spare, I was less than a mile from the Audi dealer, and it wasn't a total blowout, so I was able to get to the dealer and get a new set of tires (price matched to Tire Rack). I still have mixed feelings about what to do with my future R1S--get the inflatable spare or not.

Ill buy it and remove it for around town, for long trips will keep it on me.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ill buy it and remove it for around town, for long trips will keep it on me.
yeah, that's an option, but I'm not sure what the benefit is of bothering to take it out around town. If I ever want the extra hidden storage, it will be on road trips, not when I'm local. I will probably end up getting it because "better safe than sorry", but I just keep thinking the extra space and $500 might be more valuable.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I wonder if the tray is deeper with no spare tire, or the same?

I had a MINI cooper clubman that had a false floor, then the floor over the spare tire well, then the spare tire well(to accommodate a spare in EU countries that require it). Tons of extra space.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wonder if the tray is deeper with no spare tire, or the same?

I had a MINI cooper clubman that had a false floor, then the floor over the spare tire well, then the spare tire well(to accommodate a spare in EU countries that require it). Tons of extra space.
I would bet for inventory and assembly sake, it's the same tray and there's maybe an additional part that can divide the cavernous void if there's no spare tire, similar to what they have for the R1Ts with no spare.
Sponsored