Sponsored

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
While it would be nice to have the option, I'm not sure when I'd use the wristband over the key card. Rather toss the key card in my board shorts (or wetsuit) pocket than wear a wristband. I guess for the ladies that might be different. Wonder how much it will cost.

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
OH dang that sucks had no idea :( I wouldn't think it would be too expensive, but then again EVERYTHING is getting expensive now days.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
As an Adventure reservation holder, I can live without getting a wristband included, but can they please add "Watch as key"?

Sponsored

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

As an Adventure reservation holder, I can live without getting a wristband included, but can they please add "Watch as key"?
That's a great idea! As a cyclist I often only have my Apple watch on me for all communications and I planned to use the wristband a bunch, but the watch with an app will work for me too!

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I think this has more to do with the chip shortage than nickle and diming us.

I'd rather they enable a smartwatch with NFC to be used as a key than the wristband option.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I think this has more to do with the chip shortage than nickle and diming us.

I'd rather they enable a smartwatch with NFC to be used as a key than the wristband option.
Well they can make them to sell so would not seem like a shortage. It is a way to decontenting the Adventure spec to save a little money.

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
My favorite part of the video was new R1S footage! This tells me we should be close to getting better R1S interior footage (assuming normal logic).

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Well they can make them to sell so would not seem like a shortage. It is a way to decontenting the Adventure spec to save a little money.
They can make them to sell later this year and by making it an option yoi vastly diminish the number you need to produce. What % of people will pay $100 for the wrist band, 20%? Probably less. We're talking about, at most, a hundred or hundred and fifty dollars for this thing considering you can get a fully functional smartwatch with NFC chip for around that much. That seems like a strange thing to nickel and dime when you're talking about a $75,000 truck that charges $1,500 for any paint other than white, black, or silver.

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs