Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I wonder what the cost of the band will be... If the price is right, I'd consider buying one to sacrifice... For science.
If I ever get my band... I'll let you know
Sponsored

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
I wonder if there will be any after market bands made?

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
I'd love to see a WearOS app that could unlock the truck. Why wear a separate band when I already have my watch or Fitbit on? Seems like it would be good for the consumer, but then Rivian wouldn't be able to sell as many of their wrist bands...

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I'd love to see a WearOS app that could unlock the truck. Why wear a separate band when I already have my watch or Fitbit on? Seems like it would be good for the consumer, but then Rivian wouldn't be able to sell as many of their wrist bands...
Agree a smartwatch version of the app should be added, but an apple watch doesn't have the same waterproofing as the band so they are for difference uses. And yes, they hope to sell some bands at probably $100.

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
Agree a smartwatch version of the app should be added, but an apple watch doesn't have the same waterproofing as the band so they are for difference uses. And yes, they hope to sell some bands at probably $100.
Not sure about apple, but there are WearOS and Fitbit options that are waterproof enough for surfing.

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Not sure about apple, but there are WearOS and Fitbit options that are waterproof enough for surfing.
Per Apple, “Apple Watch Series 7 has a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010.” In notes at bottom of this page. They do go on to say that it shouldn’t be used while water skiing or when involved in other uses with high velocity water. I don’t think surfing falls in that category but I’m not 100% sure.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Per Apple, “Apple Watch Series 7 has a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010.” In notes at bottom of this page. They do go on to say that it shouldn’t be used while water skiing or when involved in other uses with high velocity water. I don’t think surfing falls in that category but I’m not 100% sure.
Mine fritzed out when I forgot to take it off before showering.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Mine fritzed out when I forgot to take it off before showering.
Do you know what generation yours is? Mine is a series 5 (around 2 years old) and I never take it off when going in the ocean or pool.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Do you know what generation yours is? Mine is a series 5 (around 2 years old) and I never take it off when going in the ocean or pool.
It's not the newest one, think it's a 6.
Sponsored