First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It's obvious they are trying to kill as many birds as possible with as few stones. LA, SF, and NYC are likely #1-3 in terms of pre-order holders so they can start with these cities then add additional tiers as they go. I'm just thrilled that they are starting up some real field marketing and getting these things out into the wild. These boards are also going to fill up with photos, videos, and first-hand accounts soon.
I call BS. I'd be surprised if NYC has more orders than the PNW given demand for the Tacoma in the PNW. May be I'm wrong, but that doesn't add up. LA, SF, and NYC screams media blitz to me.
Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I call BS. I'd be surprised if NYC has more orders than the PNW given demand for the Tacoma in the PNW. May be I'm wrong, but that doesn't add up. LA, SF, and NYC screams media blitz to me.
Agree 100% Colorado had enough pre-order holders that Rivian lobbied our state legislature about their direct sales model. I agree that it's a media-driven thing. Granted, I don't disagree with that, but I don't like the proximity- and invite- based nature of the events. Espescially for Launch Edition holders.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I wonder where in Los Angeles? I hope it will be at their service center in El Segundo. I live 9 miles from it. I'm going to be checking my email every hour!!!

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I suspect it also has to do with service centers. I think the 4 announced locations match the (almost) completed services centers they've featured on social media before

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I suspect it also has to do with service centers. I think the 4 announced locations match the (almost) completed services centers they've featured on social media before
Seattle has a completed service center.

Sponsored

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Seattle has a completed service center.
Oof, I was about to say something about Bellevue/Seattle, but I just realized neither are on the list. SF and LA seems a bit redundant. Very surprised the PNW isn't represented

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Probably more orders in in Seattle than in NYC on a per capita basis. But there are 10X the number of people in NYC than Seattle so it doesn't take a leap of faith to assume more total orders in NYC...

This is also an $80K+ vehicle. It's not a Tacoma. There will be plenty of demand in big cities. Lots of people will be canceling their orders for Land Rovers and getting in line for the R1S instead.

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
uh. WTF. What happened to Seattle? And Detroit. And Chicago. Some communication as to why those cities were dropped from the initial list would have been nice.
Agreed! Those fine folks in the Bellevue center are always staring at their phones every time I drive by. Let's give them something to do!! :)

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
People should also step back from the ledge. These are the first four stops they've announced. They could announce the next four cities in two weeks. Nobody here knows.
Or even tomorrow.

But if they are personnel restrained, they are going up the West Coast. LA and SF now, Portland and Seattle next. Then SLC and Denver.

The one in NYC will drop down the East Coast, eventually reaching Florida.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
People should also step back from the ledge. These are the first four stops they've announced. They could announce the next four cities in two weeks. Nobody here knows.
I'd just like to know what any sort of rough schedule and why they dropped cities from the list they previously published. There's not a ledge, just general mild annoyance because the communication just pretends like they never mentioned Detroit, Chicago, or Seattle.

I suspect that they want to appease the media in those three cities and hit them first, and then will quickly follow up with the other cities. But just pretending like they hadn't previously announced those other cities among their first list is not what I'd characterize as good communication.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I'd just like to know what any sort of rough schedule and why they dropped cities from the list they previously published. There's not a ledge, just general mild annoyance because the communication just pretends like they never mentioned Detroit, Chicago, or Seattle.

I suspect that they want to appease the media in those three cities and hit them first, and then will quickly follow up with the other cities. But just pretending like they hadn't previously announced those other cities among their first list is not what I'd characterize as good communication.
What makes you think they completely dropped them?
Because they didn't announce them as the first stops?

I never expected that all the original listed cities would be held simultaneously, and I suspect the first four they just listed will not be either. Those are likely the ones to be held on various dates in September, with the October cities released later.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
SF and LA
You do know that there is quite a bit of distance between LA and SF? I would have to disagree on them being redundant.

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
You do know that there is quite a bit of distance between LA and SF? I would have to disagree on them being redundant.
It's just one state, how big can it be? ? Hehe. I do know that, I'm just surprised they'd start with 2 in CA, instead of in Seattle.
Though I suppose from there, if its a traveling circus of sorts, that one could head up the coast to PNW and the other east to AZ, TX, or CO
Sponsored