LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Doing this for my 2nd Rivian (R1S Adventure) purchase when my time comes. I'm one of the many that Cancelled during pricegate and got reinstated. Original deposit was refunded way back when. Did get this email and it said to participate a (new) $1,000 deposit required with the $100 forfeiture deal. Everything worked in terms of getting the downloadable PDF. But so far, within the last half hour or so, that charge has not actually hit my credit card, my Rivian log-on account still shows $0 on the R1S configuration summary page. And surprised the transaction did not trigger a follow-up Rivian email with a confirmation notice to go along with the PDF.

I think I'm in though..... :whew:
Sponsored

Reactions: Jac

GreenOptimist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Have 2 reinstated orders and nothing yet. Anyone with multiple reinstated receive the email yet?

Makes sense we are the last batch but time is getting tight.

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
I wonder how much Rivian spent trying to get this out to customers so quickly... Legal team and comms team have clearly been working overtime.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
Doing this for my 2nd Rivian (R1S Adventure) purchase when my time comes. I'm one of the many that Cancelled during pricegate and got reinstated. Original deposit was refunded way back when. Did get this email and it said to participate a (new) $1,000 deposit required with the $100 forfeiture deal. Everything worked in terms of getting the downloadable PDF. But so far, within the last half hour or so, that charge has not actually hit my credit card, my Rivian log-on account still shows $0 on the R1S configuration summary page. And surprised the transaction did not trigger a follow-up Rivian email with a confirmation notice to go along with the PDF.

I think I'm in though..... :whew:
Same for me. They'll probably process them all in a batch instead of as they come in.

Siguy90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The PBA also states Rivian can adjust price (like they tried to do and now currently do for post March 1 orders. Agree the what ifs are dumb. You’re not bound to anything but the possibility of $100.
The original preorder agreement also stated that they can adjust the price so nothing is changing by signing the agreement. Even for pre-March orders Rivian just gave their word to honor those prices out of good faith but legally they can still increase prices if they wanted.

Sponsored

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Did they charge you?

I submitted mine but they haven’t processed the deposit and the PDF doesn’t show my signature.

Mine also didn’t come until today so hopefully nothing gets signed into law until Monday..
Instructions said to print the pdf and sign it with ink. it is not signed. It IS SIGNED by Rivian (that is important!

they have not yet processed payment. Typical of Rivian. Hopefully will see this am.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Have always hated the idea of the government giving tax credits for EV's. It simply has incentivized the manufacturers to raise the prices of their vehicles. Many people, even those with plenty of income, don't qualify for the tax credits. The manufacturers demonstrated that once they're gone, they have the room to adjust pricing to keep buyers coming. Today, there's more demand due to shortages. But, in the past. when Tesla's credits went away, their prices dropped notably. GM's prices for EV's dropped notably as well.

I've always felt they should be offered just to the manufacturers to incentivize them to push more sales of EV's, which until recently, most didn't want to do.

It's such a flawed system. Now, offering $4,000 tax credits to those that qualify, for buying a used EV? Really? That's just going to incentive people to "sell" their cars to their friends to save $4,000 in taxes.

Should do away with them and incentivize the manufacturers. Or, remove the limits and simply offer a credit to ALL buyers of EV's so that EVERYONE qualifies equally. If the true intention of it is to incentivize buyers, then it should be offered to ALL buyers.

If you're rich and make $250,000+ and can easily afford an EV, are you more incentivized to buy an EV because of the tax credit than would be a buyer who makes $50,000 and doesn't qualify on income for the refund? It's a backwards, broken system that benefits only a select few, but primarily, the manufacturers. The purpose of it is to get more EV's on the road sooner rather than later. Should matter how much you make. The should be to help convince EVERYONE to choose an EV instead of an ICE. They cost more than their ICE counterparts, costing equally as much more for a buyer who makes $50,000 as a buyer who makes $1,000,000.
I don't disagree. There's a relatively clear (but not easy) path to fixing this quagmire:
1) Develop a comprehensive, long term US National Energy Policy which includes EV strategy and goals.
2) Use that policy to eliminate or minimize the impact of partisan politics.

Wishful thinking, yes.

I've always felt that if the goal is to impact climate change, then it should be an income unrestricted rebate/tax credit. I hear this argument that upper income can afford it without the tax credit and don't deserve it. IMO that's missing the point. If the government's goal is to drive EV adoption, income is not the issue. In reality, upper income people are more likely to seriously consider an EV. Some people will make a VALUE decision (not AFFORDABILITY decision) with the tax credit and decide to buy the $110k Rivian EV instead of the $110K Range Rover ICE, which achieves the goal of EV adoption.

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
I did mine last night and they have not processed my payment as of this morning.

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
The original preorder agreement also stated that they can adjust the price so nothing is changing by signing the agreement. Even for pre-March orders Rivian just gave their word to honor those prices out of good faith but legally they can still increase prices if they wanted.
That what I was trying to say. :)

EBEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Pilot, 2019 Jetta
Have 2 reinstated orders and nothing yet. Anyone with multiple reinstated receive the email yet?

Makes sense we are the last batch but time is getting tight.
I'm in the same position as you - 2 reinstated orders, no email offering a BPA.

Sponsored

GreenOptimist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I'm in the same position as you - 2 reinstated orders, no email offering a BPA.
I chatted with support an hour and a half ago and they said they "reviewed my timeline, confirmed it wasn't sent, and would look into it as soon as they can with their leads." Hoping they get our batch out before too long.

EBEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Pilot, 2019 Jetta
I chatted with support an hour and a half ago and they said they "reviewed my timeline, confirmed it wasn't sent, and would look into it as soon as they can with their leads." Hoping they get our batch out before too long.
Thanks for this. I was waiting for a chat, was stuck at #14 for about 30 minutes, and then had the chat kick me out. Chat is no longer available.

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Alfa Romeo Giulia
I received my email for my reinstated order this morning. Wouldn't work on my PC, but did work on mobile.

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Finally! Got some form of communication from Rivian. I signed the binding purchase agreement. As I’m a launch R1S customer, my build price is $76K. I believe (definitely not sure) that I’m able to qualify for the tax break. Now if only they would update my delivery window. Baby steps, right?

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Rivian did us a massive favor and came through in a clutch. Anyone talking "cash grab" should take a hike. How disgusting. Really.
Rivian had to offer this option because it is an option. It certainly isn't a "massive favor".
Sponsored