OP
Mister Person

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

Same here. I just wonder what, if any, pre-march pricing will be retained, or if we'll have to more or less move up to current pricing.

eDad_R1S

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LS w/ OC
I am pretty tempted to switch to the max pack if the price is reasonable. I wonder what it would do to the tax refund status on my “purchase agreement” from Aug ‘22.

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
The Max Pack adds another 16k in the R1T configurator, presumably the price will be roughly the same on the R1S. Having driven an EV since 2018, I wouldn't pay that much for just 69 miles more EPA range, but everyone's use case is different.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

The Max Pack adds another 16k in the R1T configurator, presumably the price will be roughly the same on the R1S. Having driven an EV since 2018, I wouldn't pay that much for just 69 miles more EPA range, but everyone's use case is different.
The current 321 miles with quad R1S (+more in conserve) will be plenty for us. Hell, 275 with 20 ATs on the R1T served us great in subzero temps last week!

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Same here. I just wonder what, if any, pre-march pricing will be retained, or if we'll have to more or less move up to current pricing.
there is no pre-march pricing for anything that didn't exist in the configurator pre-march.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Thinking about this more, I will probably stick with the quad large if moving to the max pack is $16k more. Don’t need the mileage for that cost.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

there is no pre-march pricing for anything that didn't exist in the configurator pre-march.
Not entirely true. There is small discount for pre 3/1 R1T Quad Max pack configured preorders. Perhaps there will be something similar for all current pre 3/1 R1s preorders?

For customers who placed a preorder on or before March 1, 2022:

• switching from Quad-Motor + Max pack to standard Dual-Motor + Max pack will reduce price by $4,500 ($6,250 CAD)
  • switching from Quad-Motor + Max pack to enhanced Dual-Motor + Max pack will reduce price by $2,000 ($2,750 CAD)
For customers who placed a preorder between March 2, 2022 and May 25, 2022:

• switching from Quad-Motor + Max pack to standard Dual-Motor + Max pack will reduce price by $6,000 ($7,750 CAD)
  • switching from Quad-Motor + Max pack to enhanced Dual-Motor + Max pack will reduce price by $1,000 ($1,250 CAD)

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Yet. This could be part of why they pushed back the configurator updates for dual+max R1T early pre-orders.

Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
It isn't a 16K upgrade. It is only 2K more than the only version currently being produced ( Large pack + Quad motor).

Switching to Dual, reduces the price by 8K. Switching from Large to Max increases the price by 10K. So only a 2K difference (if they honor pre-March pricing).

If they make us switch to the post March pricing then I doubt anyone will switch. Way to big of a pricing penalty.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I think most people are hoping they'll basically mirror the pricing on the R1T, which would mean price of quad large + $5500 for the dual max. Even in that scenario, which isn't guaranteed at all as something they'll offer, the tax credit is out, unless we get better guidance on the BPA's validity.

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
It isn't a 16K upgrade. It is only 2K more than the only version currently being produced ( Large pack + Quad motor).

Switching to Dual, reduces the price by 8K. Switching from Large to Max increases the price by 10K. So only a 2K difference (if they honor pre-March pricing).

If they make us switch to the post March pricing then I doubt anyone will switch. Way to big of a pricing penalty.
I see. If the price difference is that small and I was still holding a pre-order, I would probably give up quad motor for more range.