Sponsored

Official Announcement: R1S Max Pack/Enduro/390 mile range

riviantogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lexus Rx350
I was holding on to my 5/2020 R1T Max reservation solely because of the added range. When Rivian sent the email notifying us Max holdouts that the QM version was indefinitely deferred, I changed my reservation to a quad/large pack R1S. Since we don't really need the performance of the quad, I'd consider a DM R1S Max if some vestige of the preferential pricing my early reservation provides is preserved. This was the case for the DM R1T Max which was offered to pre-March reservation holders at a slight discount over the QM.

That said, my misgivings about going with a newly designed motor coupled with a battery of different configuration than used in previous models remain. I'm eager to see more details from Rivian on the R1S Max though.
While the new R1S with extended range does look interesting, I'm happy with the optimized R1S they are currently offering at the discount they so graciously offered early holders. I'm hoping the new R1S catches on at the newer higher retail price so they can cash in and leverage all their hard work . . .

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
Looks like Rivian pushed back another delivery date. In October they said dual motor max pack builds would be starting in summer 2023 now their website says starting fall 2023. The really don’t seem to know what the hell timelines are. If can’t keep a timeline why make one. I really am starting to have major doubts on this company.
Sponsored