Sponsored

Off Topic Chatter (Drinks, Travel, Photos, Anything Goes)

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Some whistlepig!
PXL_20210331_032831911.jpg
I have those same glasses! Haven't had Whistlepig yet, and am on the lookout for some Michters Rye too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I have those same glasses! Haven't had Whistlepig yet, and am on the lookout for some Michters Rye too.
I will need to refill in a few weeks and that is on my list! Love those cups, great weight and look cool.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I have a feeling that there will be a wager at a Rivian whiskey/tequila/rum/craft beer meetup that results in the loser having to choose between a Tay Tay face tattoo or tramp stamp. Or you have to try to date her, because apparently that's miserable & never works out.
I don't know... While the memory of a bad night with Taylor will eventually fade, that face tat will last forever. I can't imagine the derision of my family after my celebration of life, while strapping me into my Rivian, just before we're buried together, stating openly "What the Hell was Uncle Duck thinking when he let those great Riviots talk him into that! All he had to do was keep stalking that woman! Eventually, she would have said yes, just like Salma did! After all these years, now that tattoo looks like Joan Rivers!"

I'll bet even Mike Tyson is ocassionally startled in the morning when he wakes up, stumbles past his tiger on his way into his bathroom, looks in the mirror and exclaims "What the FÂĄ#!!!"

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

You're gonna love the WhistlePig! That’s why my bottle was running on fumes. Over the Holidays, I was fortunate enough to have friends introduce me to both Michter's Rye and their Bourbon. Love 'em big time. The Ryes are relatively new to me, but they're a nice change-up over Scotch and Bourbon. Both Michter's are also a decent value for their moderate price.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Many years ago, a friend organized a tequila tasting. Prior to that, I had no taste for it, it was just that thing we all drank too much of in college, or dumped cheap bottles of into buckets of margarita mix. Eye opening is the right way to describe it once I had a chance to sample some high quality aged tequilas all side by side. Since then, I've done a few more, and always found some good stuff.
Mike,

I think many people have a low opinion of Tequila based on the type of experiences you mentioned. I know I used to look down on it for similar reasons, until I learned more about it. To me, the story of Tequila has a number of parallels to the story of Scotch. The differences between low elevation agaves versus those grown in the mountains, and between Añejo vs. Blanco vs. Reposado make for tasty differences between them. Also, the differences between distillers of each variety can be profound. With Scotch, you have the Highland vs. the Lowland, Speyside, Islay, and Campbeltown regions. Both Tequila and Scotch are fun to sample and any number of family and craft distillers are out there, if you're visiting Mexico or Scotland, respectively. Many of the goods you find in either country may not be available here, but that's why Samsonite makes really large suitcases.

We've had many nice restaurants sponsor Tequila or Scotch tastings, hosted by people who know their stuff and can explain it well. It's a nice way to learn more about them while also finding what you like. It seems spendy, but it will save you the time and expense of buying something that you end up not liking.

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Gentlemen & ladies,
I can’t contend with this Scotch/whiskey/rye talk. I’m going to tour a rum distillery today (wife loves rum but who doesn’t). Especially when your living the Island life... Puerto Rico Luquillo Beach.
Rivian R1T R1S Off Topic Chatter (Drinks, Travel, Photos, Anything Goes) 6C83900A-2215-417A-8552-370C878C9383

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
A wise man once said, “Palm trees make everything better.” After 2020 and this past winter in the NorthEast, I agree. For what it’s worth, the wise man was my drunk buddy in college laying on the sidewalk in West Philadelphia, but his point still stands!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Gentlemen & ladies,
I can’t contend with this Scotch/whiskey/rye talk. I’m going to tour a rum distillery today (wife loves rum but who doesn’t). Especially when your living the Island life... Puerto Rico Luquillo Beach.
6C83900A-2215-417A-8552-370C878C9383.jpeg
Gentlemen & ladies,
6C83900A-2215-417A-8552-370C878C9383.jpeg
John,

I hope the two of you are having a great time down there! Please let us hear about your tour sometime soon.

Enjoy the Rum, the palm trees, and everything else!

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

So last year we were suppose to plan our across country trip with the pickup of our R1S SUV how ever Covid became and thing and it was clear once Rivian announced we were not going to have our vehicle so we decided to do our trip anyways. We did stop by the factory and made our pilgrimage outside and played some ball with the dog haha.

Rivian R1T R1S Off Topic Chatter (Drinks, Travel, Photos, Anything Goes) 1617213621796

We rented a 28Foot Class C from outdoorsy for 2 months and drove about 11,000 miles visiting a lot of Major National Parks. I think we did about 25 of them total. I now know way too much information about driving and maintaining a RV as well as National Parks with dogs. It was an amazing trip! For those interested in chatting here is my Album (All pictures were taken with a special cell phone called a Sony Xperia 1 Mark II).

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmUCHdcL

Rivian R1T R1S Off Topic Chatter (Drinks, Travel, Photos, Anything Goes) 1617208531409

Last edited:

Sponsored

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
So last year we were suppose to plan our across country trip with the pickup of our R1S SUV how ever Covid became and thing and it was clear once Rivian announced we were not going to have our vehicle so we decided to do our trip anyways.

We rented a 28Foot Class C from outdoorsy for 2 months and drove about 11,000 miles visiting a lot of Major National Parks. I think we did about 25 of them total. I now know way too much information about driving and maintaining a RV as well as National Parks with dogs. It was an amazing trip! For those interested in chatting here is my Album (All pictures were taken with a special cell phone called a Sony Xperia 1 Mark II).
What a great trip! I saw lots of familiar sites at Yellowstone, Tetons, Crater Lake, and all my favorites in Utah. Open road, wife, dog—what more could you ask for?

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

What a great trip! I saw lots of familiar sites at Yellowstone, Tetons, Crater Lake, and all my favorites in Utah. Open road, wife, dog—what more could you ask for?
TY! At the time it was a tough trip to do because we worked full time while on the road and had 0 downtime. When we werent working, we were hiking, when we werent hiking we were sleeping/eating. Looking back it was the trip of a lifetime and we have been all around the world.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
TY! At the time it was a tough trip to do because we worked full time while on the road and had 0 downtime. When we werent working, we were hiking, when we werent hiking we were sleeping/eating. Looking back it was the trip of a lifetime and we have been all around the world.
So cool. #Lifegoals

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management

discsinthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Element
I think many people have a low opinion of Tequila based on the type of experiences you mentioned. I know I used to look down on it for similar reasons, until I learned more about it. To me, the story of Tequila has a number of parallels to the story of Scotch. The differences between low elevation agaves versus those grown in the mountains, and between Añejo vs. Blanco vs. Reposado make for tasty differences between them. Also, the differences between distillers of each variety can be profound. With Scotch, you have the Highland vs. the Lowland, Speyside, Islay, and Campbeltown regions. Both Tequila and Scotch are fun to sample and any number of family and craft distillers are out there, if you're visiting Mexico or Scotland, respectively. Many of the goods you find in either country may not be available here, but that's why Samsonite makes really large suitcases.
I've been getting into mezcal quite a bit after never quite getting hooked on whisky/scotch - what a rabbit hole! I think it's worth looking into, though the price points are certainly a bit higher for a variety of reasons. The spectrum of flavors is quite broad compared to what I've seen in other spirits.
Sponsored