Sponsored

Off Topic Chatter (Drinks, Travel, Photos, Anything Goes)

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Since we started talking about drinks in the other threads with @skyote @DuckTruck @MReda @DucRider @CommodoreAmiga Ill get started to what I am currently drinking (Maybe once or twice a week a double pour).

Rivian R1T R1S Off Topic Chatter (Drinks, Travel, Photos, Anything Goes) 1616822431829

Then on our Cross Country 11,000 Mile Trip this was my drink of choice at every National Park Entrance.
Rivian R1T R1S Off Topic Chatter (Drinks, Travel, Photos, Anything Goes) 1616822459843

Last, the one time I thru a Ron Swanson Approved party (2019).

Rivian R1T R1S Off Topic Chatter (Drinks, Travel, Photos, Anything Goes) 1616822553141
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Since we started talking about drinks in the other threads with @skyote @DuckTruck @MReda @DucRider @CommodoreAmiga Ill get started to what I am currently drinking (Maybe once or twice a week a double pour).

1616822431829.png

Then on our Cross Country 11,000 Mile Trip this was my drink of choice at every National Park Entrance.
1616822459843.png

Last, the one time I thru a Ron Swanson Approved party (2019).

1616822553141.png
So, to be clear, you haven't yet said "No" to my inquiry about adoption, right?

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

So, to be clear, you haven't yet said "No" to my inquiry about adoption, right?
Well we are getting the 7 passenger configuration! Why not! ?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Regarding my adoption request, I'm already trained in how to handle a WhistlePig.
Rivian R1T R1S Off Topic Chatter (Drinks, Travel, Photos, Anything Goes) 20210326_222951

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

That is one fine looking collection! I hear the Nikka and The Chita are exceptional. Were you able to visit those distilleries as well during the visit you referenced last night?

Where was the picture of the Yamazaki taken? That's a beautiful setting.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I'm mostly bourbon & will drink a little scotch on occasion. I've never even tried a Japanese whiskey, what am I missing?

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

That is one fine looking collection! I hear the Nikka and The Chita are exceptional. Were you able to visit those distilleries as well during the visit you referenced last night?

Where was the picture of the Yamazaki taken? That's a beautiful setting.
Sadly only had time for Suntory Factory in Osaka (Or just outside) but we did have time to go to Sapporo Beer Factory in the Northern Hokkaido Reigon which was tons of fun.

The yamazaki picture was taken the East entrance of Yellow Stone Park at our RV campground.

acacia328

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram Limited, 2010 Ford F-150 Platinum, Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
I'm mostly bourbon & will drink a little scotch on occasion. I've never even tried a Japanese whiskey, what am I missing?
Japanese Whiskey can be quite good. I’ve never actually seen that Yamazaki here in Oklahoma but I’ve heard its great. Suntory has several offerings that I have had here that very enjoyable. You should pick some up at least once to try. I haven’t really been disappointed in any of the ones I have tried,

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I think so! Though it is only for something different and not necessarily better depending on your flavor profile. The whiskey (yamazaki) for instance has interesting floral notes, sweetness notes (not as strong in sweetness as bourbon) and minor heat but pairs well with just about anything really because its so smooth/blended.

I only recommend if you can get it at a reasonable price while its great I just hate how its price gouged so much and still think the value for money Aushentoshan 3 wood is so delicious.

Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Nice collection, and good idea for a thread (or bad idea, because I'll end up spending money on whiskey as a result). I rarely have more than a couple bottles on hand, because I tend to buy a bottle (or two) and drink a bottle (or two), and then go back to the store.

Right now, I've got the Woods whiskey I mentioned buying the other day, Basil Hayden Dark Rye, Axe and the Oak bourbon (they are local here in Colorado Springs) and Zaya rum. I might have a little Stranahan's left, but I don't feel like getting up and checking.

That Yamazaki is solid, I've bought bottles of it in the past. I'm also a fan of the 1792. I saw that Auchentoshan at the liquor store the other day, maybe I'll give it a try. I think I mentioned enjoying their American Oak.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Greg,

What a fine collection, as well! Nice mix of the classics with a bunch of regional goodies. I stumbled onto the site for High West Distillery while researching PT's Wood's High Mountain label. H.W.'s Double Rye caught my attention and now I see that you have it. All of PT's stuff is on my list to sample and buy while visiting Salida.

I'll have to find the Dickel you have up front. I think my first bottle of Bourbon was Dickel's standard offering and it was a staple for years. I have friends that recently turned me on to Stagg as I had brought one of my Islay Single Mallts for them to try. The Stagg was outstanding!

I had been a bourbon guy before visiting family in Scotland and all they had was Scotch. Once I got home, I kept trying new Scotches and stopped buying much of anything else. Still love the Bourbons but will lean toward a new Scotch or Rye when looking for something different. The reduced sweetness of Scotch, and to a lesser degree, the Ryes, is a plus for me, but very few of my friends can tolerate the smokiness of the peat levels that the Islays all feature.

Funny story about Scotch. While visiting a wonderful group of my Mom's family in Scotland for the first time, I noticed every household had a bottle of Famous Grouse Scotch and nothing else. It was a staple throughout the country. When I asked my Mom's cousin "Why Famous Grouse when you have all these wonderful Single Malts around?" He didn't hesitate. He gave me this incredulous look and shot back "We're all Scotsman! We're cheap! We sell those expensive Single Malts to you Americans so we can afford to drink our favorites!" At least that's what it sounded like he said. His brogue was so thick I wasn't sure, but he was so emphatic and had that universal look that told me I had just asked the stupidest question he'd ever heard, so I didn't dare ask him to repeat himself. I had no problem understanding all three of those exclamation points! They are universal.

Thanks again for sharing you pic. You, Kanundrum, and Skyote have inspired me to explore beyond my tiny isle of Islay in the aisles of the liquor store (try saying that three times quickly when you're three sheets to the wind!).

Cheers! ??

p.s. Next up, Tequilas...

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Ok I’ll bump off this great Bourbon topic to posting your “Best Catch”. (And no cute photos of your S.O.). This one is mine and my fishing team, Team Bald Tuna...249lb Yellowfin...

Rivian R1T R1S Off Topic Chatter (Drinks, Travel, Photos, Anything Goes) A7CA13B2-2263-40B2-B43D-AFF2695674BB

Rivian R1T R1S Off Topic Chatter (Drinks, Travel, Photos, Anything Goes) 93B94B41-200A-4A75-B359-8FC7EA8BCE6E
Sponsored