Sponsored

Off Topic Chatter (Drinks, Travel, Photos, Anything Goes)

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
So pretty eventful weekend and somewhat hilarious. I am at my track day with my Alfa and its been 5 years I have been attending events doing really well with out any mechanical issues that would leave me "stranded" so to speak.

Yesterday it was about 95F with massive humidity and we were doing timed laps (1x at a time) and after the 4th lap my Alfa dies in the middle. We have a known issue about Fuel Pump so I am assuming its that, later I find out it is related to heat so the car cools down and is good to go again,.

During one of my laps I break down (2x of the day) and I pull off the race line into the grass to make sure I don't impede any traffic behind me and I think to my self, man if I had a BEV I wouldn't have any of these fuel pump issues, sure the cells probably dont like getting super hot but BMS could easily handle track day temps I would hope.

Then like a Commercial, a Tesla passes me as I am broken down in the grass.

Anywhose pretty funny. I did end up beating the Tesla and coming in 6/72 people and 1st in my class as I set my hot laps before the car overheated but just too funny not to share.

vlcsnap-2021-06-29-00h07m42s555.png
I recently picked up a M2 to get back into HPDE, Auto X, etc. I also picked up a trailer to haul it to Summit Point, VIR, etc. using my Ram(Hoping the R1T will be up to the task).

Would you mind sharing more info about this event?

Thanks
Sponsored

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Rivian R1T R1S Off Topic Chatter (Drinks, Travel, Photos, Anything Goes) 9158F6E9-0BB4-4B96-AD3A-ED2FC79E0E55
Rivian R1T R1S Off Topic Chatter (Drinks, Travel, Photos, Anything Goes) DE5C3B82-AAFF-4DDA-9E10-06C7D20AA3CC
Rivian R1T R1S Off Topic Chatter (Drinks, Travel, Photos, Anything Goes) FEA4BC25-8F12-4F7B-B123-38549689FF78

Took the family to the beach for a few days for a change of scenery. 45 degrees and not a soul in sight. Can’t wait to get the Rivian loaded up and do more of these trips.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I recently picked up a M2 to get back into HPDE, Auto X, etc. I also picked up a trailer to haul it to Summit Point, VIR, etc. using my Ram(Hoping the R1T will be up to the task).

Would you mind sharing more info about this event?

Thanks
https://getfast.motorsportreg.com/

Spring date s should open up soon!
Sponsored