Sponsored

Off Road Package now optional for Launch Edition (lowers price by $2k)

BuckeyeTruckGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper Clubman S All4; R1T Reservation
Rivian R1T R1S Off Road Package now optional for Launch Edition (lowers price by $2k) 9FD9ACB4-A4ED-4CCC-934C-4DD4F5F07CD7

So this morning I went into the configurator and noticed that the off-road package was unchecked from my Launch Edition R1T and now had a $2000 price tag. However, going through other pages I then realized that they made it optional and reduced the price of the truck the equivalent $2000.

This is great since I never saw myself truly off roading so I just saved $2k to purchase other goodies!!
Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
9FD9ACB4-A4ED-4CCC-934C-4DD4F5F07CD7.png

So this morning I went into the configurator and noticed that the off-road package was unchecked from my Launch Edition R1T and now had a $2000 price tag. However, going through other pages I then realized that they made it optional and reduced the price of the truck the equivalent $2000.

This is great since I never saw myself truly off roading so I just saved $2k to purchase other goodies!!
You'll also save on that weight. The steel plates are prob heavy

OP
OP

BuckeyeTruckGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You'll also save on that weight. The steel plates are prob heavy
Very good point. I may contact CS today to see if they can give me the estimated weight savings of the off-road package. I am a backpacker so I know every ounce counts. But I doubt it makes a material difference for range.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
Very good point. I may contact CS today to see if they can give me the estimated weight savings of the off-road package. I am a backpacker so I know every ounce counts. But I doubt it makes a material difference for range.
I wonder if it was done to help meet the mileage goals?

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So are you all adding the off-road package back to your configuration?

I have always liked the idea of the front-tow hooks. I’m not sure of the importance of the reinforced underbody. Hard to know without more details. Also, deleting this as a standard option makes me believe it could either impact range or delivery timing.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

So are you all adding the off-road package back to your configuration?

I have always liked the idea of the front-tow hooks. I’m not sure of the importance of the reinforced underbody. Hard to know without more details. Also, deleting this as a standard option makes me believe it could either impact range or delivery timing.

Added back because its a "OFF ROAD" type of vehicle whether R1T or R1S, better to have it and never use it to not have it and need it once imho haha. I know ill be going off road very lightly in any case and could easily do with out it.

Will add if there is a significant reduction in range due to this I will definitely remove the item.

Last edited:

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I emailed rivian this morning asking what is the weight of the off-road package. And also if it has any additional protection in the event of a crash

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Hopefully they're transparent about it.

OP
OP

BuckeyeTruckGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I too want the tow hooks but not necessarily the steel panels. The tow hooks not only look cool but useful in case you run out of range and need your friend to give you a tow charge.
Another thing, all my other vehicles come with a single tow hook that you can screw in to allow a flatbed to load the vehicle for a tow. Is there a similar tow hook that is included for this situation?

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
If now is any indication... lol
Yeah, this is me being frustrated by the lack of transparency in their update among other things. I know I'm in the minority, but I want to know the actual details of what I'm waiting for and what my choices do, not marketing. I hate having to read between the lines and guess.

Hopefully I'm just grouchy because I woke up early to what I interpret them to be intentionally covering up a non-LE delay with no mention if them in the update, and vague language in the FAQ.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I added the off-road package back to my configuration... Although I'm a little surprised it's $2k just for tow hooks and skid plate.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I'm happy to save the $2000 because I can't ever see myself going off roading or using tow hooks.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I added the off-road package back to my configuration... Although I'm a little surprised it's $2k just for tow hooks and skid plate.
Carbon Kevlar Aint cheap!

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Has this already been posted? Noticed right away in my official Configurator that my vehicle starting price went from $75,000 total down to $73,000. Did everyone get that -$2,000 price cut?

EDIT: Now up-to-speed on -$2K for "Off-road Pkg" delete.

Rivian R1T R1S Off Road Package now optional for Launch Edition (lowers price by $2k) Pricecut
Sponsored

Last edited: