Sponsored

OFF-ROAD instrument cluster

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Going back to the Rivians debut, they had a demo of what the dashboard would look like while driving. I'd like to see them do something similar to what was shown back then with the front camera on display while in off-road modes. I don't really think the pitch and roll info is very useful in my mind, unless you're setting up camp and wanting to level out the vehicle.

But, with the recent Rivian Drive Modes video they shared, they had an overlay of the vehicles power at each wheel, reminicent of their original vehicle demo reel. In addition to that, it would also be cool to see suspension travel as a dynamic gauge for each wheel as well showing either empty (fully extended and not on the ground) or full (fully compressed).

Something that TFL brought up with the Rivian vs Tundra snow test, is that with the vehicle being essentially silent, you don't have the regular feedback loop from a roaring engine when applying power so as a result, really have no indicators that your foot depressing the pedal is having any impact on vehicle movement when stuck. The torque gauge is the perfect visual
Rivian R1T R1S OFF-ROAD instrument cluster 2021-rivian-r1s-1(2)
remedy for this.

Anyone else got any Off-road cluster wish-list items?
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3, SC Bronson
Occupation
Product Development
This is a great topic!

To the point you made about pitch and roll, I never used it in my old 4Runner, though it was there… BUT, I constantly use my phones bubble level to get my truck leveled with the RTT on it. It would be fantastic to not only display the data, but provide an option to level the vehicle for setting up camp

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I think the additional camera views are the most helpful. I don’t really see how the diagram of torque to each wheel would be that helpful. The pitch and roll gauge can tell me when I’m upside down, though.

ADVNOW

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler JK, JL 4XE
Occupation
Manufacturing
Clubs

This would be great never saw this before. Even if it was only available at 10 mph or less for slow movements (because that's when you need this information) If your going fast and your pitch and roll are at its limits your to late already. Its nice and clean so not to distracting and you can see the obstacles as you approach while still focusing forward and peripheral vision has full view of potential problems instead of the center of the truck console.

OP
OP
MountainBikeDude

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

This is a great topic!

To the point you made about pitch and roll, I never used it in my old 4Runner, though it was there… BUT, I constantly use my phones bubble level to get my truck leveled with the RTT on it. It would be fantastic to not only display the data, but provide an option to level the vehicle for setting up camp
100% on the camping aspect, that's the only real time I'd find it relevant for my uses
Sponsored