dmc94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - GW/FE/20"
Clubs

Crowded RAN charging sessions coming soon....
@s4wrxttcs I run the group and am definitely conscious of this. We have a beach drive coming up in March and that will require a charging stop. Luckily there is RAN and EA close together which will help with crowding, but future events might have to be capped depending on charging infrastructure. We'd definitely move a Rivian if another vehicle came by and needed a charge. I don't want to make them wait potentially 60+ minutes because of our group.

We do plan a lot of events close enough to the Seattle area so if you charge to 100%, you won't need a charge stop to get home - or at least won't need one until you're close to the city where there are many station options.

We'll also plan weekend trips with RV sites where we can charge overnight, but again this will be capped.
Sponsored

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Were you in the blue one? That was us, in a white loaner, and was thinking the same thing. One spot ice'd, one out of service so with 2 people charging there was only 2 more available. I think the issue here is the Mexican restaurant. Small parking lot with big trucks. I filed a complaint with the City of Aberdeen yesterday. Who knows what happens. At least they are aware of it now.
I believe so.

There seemed to be plenty of parking so I assumed the pickup owner was making a statement.

I didn't see the out of service one, but I didn't really check.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Yesterday the Aberdeen RAN the same thing happened. A Toyota Tacoma was the ICER and a white R1T came to charge briefly.
Visiting the coast, and am at the Aberdeen right now. There was one yellow R1T using one stall, and a bunch ofJeeps parked in the lot - including two ICEng. A bunch of people were just milking around. Three stalls were open, so I didn’t bother confronting. A couple minutes later, the yellow left, and so did all the Jeeps. If I had to wager, I’d say the Jeeps were purposefully blocking the “shared” stalls for yellow so nobody would slow his charge. Hopefully had more than just me come along, they would have moved without being asked.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
I wonder if the group has a procedure for this?

Odds are that on average only one or two non-meetup people will come by during a group charge. So it might be nice to allow that person to charge.

It's not like someone will be expecting 6 chargers to suddenly be filled up.

I imagine the RAN network will be so much more susceptible to crowding during group sessions due to the desire to do off-road adventures within a group versus solo.

So far in my experience with the RAN network on average there is one stall being ICED by a pickup making a statement, and one R1T/R1S owner that stops to charge while I'm there. I guess this the universe wants to give me someone to talk to. :)

Yesterday the Aberdeen RAN the same thing happened. A Toyota Tacoma was the ICER and a white R1T came to charge briefly.
It's bad enough with a bunch of jeeps and a gas station with the best advice I can give you is to charge on your way to the trail and not on the way back when everybody wants to hit it at once.
Sponsored