OEVA September 2021 meeting

OEVA

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oeva.org
Vehicles
many
The Oregon Electric Vehicle Association meets on the 2nd Thursday each month. We are getting back to in-person meetings and hope to be able to do so for our upcoming meeting on September 9th from 7PM to 9PM.

Our guest speaker will be none other than the forums own @DuckTruck ! Come meet the man, the myth, the legend in person! We'll have him do a brief overview of his time in Normal and be available to answer questions.

This will be an outdoor meeting - likely with masks required. While unlikely, it is possible that local/State restrictions could be put in place or our insurance carrier nixes in-person event coverage. In this case we will pivot to a Zoom meeting with the same agenda.

Currently, once a quarter we meet in the outdoor plaza of the World Trade Center in Portland and September is one of those meetings!

Those that bring their EVs can park them in the Plaza itself:
Rivian R1T R1S OEVA September 2021 meeting 1629303994114

Getting vehicles into the plaza involves curb ramps and we will have folks directing you in. Enter from 1st Ave between Salmon and Taylor (you can see the gate in the above photo).

Rivian R1T R1S OEVA September 2021 meeting 1629306215563

Stay tuned for more details, or you can sign up for our archaic list-serve messaging:
http://www.rdrop.com/mailman/listinfo/oeva-list

Hope to see and meet some of the forum members!
Sponsored

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Folks from Washington state invited?

OP
OP
OEVA

OEVA

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oeva.org
Vehicles
many
Meetings are always open to everyone.

Anyone that joins ($20/yr) at the meeting gets a free OEVA t-shirt.
We even have them in Yellow ?!
Sorry @DuckTruck , no Launch Green ?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Somebody has either been around here awhile, or you've really done your homework!

Wait...I think I know your true identity!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Yep, no doubt...I've got you pegged!

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Meetings are always open to everyone.

Anyone that joins ($20/yr) at the meeting gets a free OEVA t-shirt.
FINE! Luckily, I have a cool Launch Green shirt to wear. And, no, it's not from Rivian. If I knew what LG looked like beforehand, I would've taken it with me to Normal, with my Compass Yellow Nikes. Maybe, I'll just have to wear one of my many Duck Green Game Day shirts. It will be the football season by then!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Hell yeah!

It'd be great to meet you, Matt, and Brice, and everyone else who wants to join in.

While I've heard COVID and shutdowns mean no Beer and Pizza, we can all go grab a bite and a beer afterwards. Any number of good places close to the venue.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
On the calendar!

OP
OP
OEVA

OEVA

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oeva.org
Vehicles
many
Bump with a few more details:

Thanks to our partnership with FORTH (https://forthmobility.org/), the Oregon Electric Vehicle Association gets access to the Plaza at the World Trade Center once a quarter for our monthly meeting, and September is one of those months.
We will be meeting on Thursday, September 9th from 7PM to 9PM, with a special guest speaker. Bruce Crunican was one of 10 Rivian reservation holders taken to the factory in Normal, IL for a "First Drive" event.
Bruce got a factory tour, a ride along with Rivian founder and CEO RJ Scaringe on the test track at the factory, then an opportunity to test the R1T for himself. The drive has on and off-road sections including a drift track and "Mount Rivian" with a 100% grade. It became an informal contest between some of the attending owners, and Bruce came out on top with 130 mph on the ~1/2 mile straight before the posted 20 mph corner at the end.
We'll have video clips from the "First Drive" event in Normal and some parts on an interview RivianStries.com did with Bruce. We'll intersperse some Q&A sessions with the videos.
Masks will be required for all attendees. As of today, outdoor gatherings where social distancing can be maintained do not require masks, but the OEVA *will* be for this event. If wearing a mask for a couple of hours is too inconvenient, we look forward to seeing you at a future event.
The Trade Center has shut down its conference capabilities, so there is no indoor space (including restrooms) or wi-fi. We briefly looked into a hybrid event with Zoom, but without strong wi-fi it is not something we want to attempt. There are some public restrooms at the park across the street, but I have no idea as to their condition.
What to bring:
We will have some disposable masks and hand sanitizer available but encourage you to bring your own.
If you want to sit, bring a chair.
We will not be providing beverages or snacks due to the masking requirement.
Parking for EVs will be available on the Plaza on a first come first served basis. If you need to park on the street, be aware that the City of Portland *will* write you a ticket if you have no front plate (I know some owners prefer to run without them).
Feel free to reach out with any questions:
Sponsored