Sponsored

stackofdimes

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
I went down to University Village this morning and they have a GEN 2 R1S on display. IMO, the best feature is the drawer replacement for the camp speaker. I hope they sell these as an accessory in the shop soon.

Rivian R1T R1S OEM Drawer Replacement for Camp Speaker - Photo from Gen 2 R1S IMG_6137
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Car Enthusiast
Both are nice.

Sponsored

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
It isn’t full height to the cavity. Doubt it is lockable. Moot if it was. https://www.reddit.com/r/Rivian/s/WsAAkX4XI3
Sometimes I question Rivian's decisions. I wonder what logic went behind making this not full height so it could become a secure locking storage location?!?!??! I also bet that they will be charging $$$$$ for it!

Edit : To clarify, I bet that the cost to upgrade G1 vehicles to the drawer will be expensive seeing as most of Rivian's accessories are pretty high priced!

Last edited:

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Sometimes I question Rivian's decisions. I wonder what logic went behind making this not full height so it could become a secure locking storage location?!?!??! I also bet that they will be charging $$$$$ for it!
Cost drove them to make it as simple as possible? Remember, moving forward, this drawer is most likely a standard feature. And lowering cost is one of the big reasons for the refresh.
Sponsored