First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
i'm a sept, but sadly too far from a service center?

Hey Rivian, I'll travel to Denver to get my truck

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

Sponsored

Jhcauto

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler 4xe, R1T Preorder (2021)
Occupation
Military
I can join the Configuration Confirmed / Guide Assignment club as well! Received the confirmation and Seamless Purchase Process emails last night.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I can join the Configuration Confirmed / Guide Assignment club as well! Received the confirmation and Seamless Purchase Process emails last night.
As we used to say in Petersham, MA....

"Falk in Athol!"

Congratulations! I'd be very interested in hearing how it handles in freezing rain, provided that's still a thing in MA.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Well, after being passed over more and more, I'm changing my truck to el cap granite. I can't believe how many people around Boston are being contacted before me despite their later order dates and later delivery windows. I'm really growing to loathe Rivian right now. Taking the shine off this whole thing, big time.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Just started the 8 step process. I'm waiting to hear their offer on my 2018 Mini Countryman. I'm curious to see if they lowball me like others have said.

CKlawyerWV

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '01 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I got my "confirmation" email and guide assignment on Saturday. I switched my color from Forest Green to Glacier White and then confirmed. I really think that switching from manual to auto bed cover and switching to 21" wheels moved my order up. I had a guide call today and she seemed overworked but was helpful. She told me that Rivian hopes to deliver before my June 11 window estimate (Oct-Dec), but she obviously couldn't guarantee it. I did offer to pick up either at my closest service centers (in Richmond or Cleveland) or at the factory and she thanked me and made a comment about saving Rivian from sending a flatbed "over into West Virginia." :CWL:

Sponsored

Jhcauto

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler 4xe, R1T Preorder (2021)
Occupation
Military
And just like that, 8 Steps opened this morning. According to my guide, my truck just rolled off the assembly line. Vin: 8500 range. Trade in offer for my Wrangler 4xe was low, so exploring other options. The process definitely starts to go fast once it starts though, holy cow. Nerve wracking!

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

My time from 8 steps opening to truck ready for delivery was 6 days :oops: . I had no idea it was going to be this fast given all the people who had rail-induced delays. I wonder if some areas (Atlanta?) are still getting truck delivery instead of rail? Had to really hustle to get all the financing and insurance stuff done. Unfortunately, have to delay my delivery a few days due to a hectic work schedule.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

OK, so I’m looking at the insurance section of the 8-step page and it gives me a VIN. Is that my actual VIN?

I’m still waiting for a trade in quote for my Mini. I’m working on getting financing squared away.
The VIN last for is in the 9800 range.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

And just like that, 8 Steps opened this morning. According to my guide, my truck just rolled off the assembly line. Vin: 8500 range. Trade in offer for my Wrangler 4xe was low, so exploring other options. The process definitely starts to go fast once it starts though, holy cow. Nerve wracking!
Just a suggestion. Go on AutoTrader and click the sell my vehicle section. Then you’ll want to go to the section where you can get buy quotes from dealers in your area. I’ve found that to be a great way to guage value and/or get a good amount for your trade in. Wrangler 4xe’s are in high demand.

Another one I suggest is GiveMeTheVIN.com. I’ve used them twice and was very happy with the service.

CKlawyerWV

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '01 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I would check vroom (no experience using the website but the value seemed fair) or Kelley Blue Book through a local dealer. After I confirmed my R1T order I started checking values on my '18 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. Vroom offered $30,700 and KBB from a local Jeep dealer offered $32,700. I was surprised at the local offer. I'll probably do that instead of trading it in through Rivian.
Sponsored