First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
ha...never was into the 22s. I do a bit of (not a lot, but some) mud driving. And we get a bit of snow here too. Again, not a lot, but enough that the 22s just aren't on my radar
Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I got a call from a guide last week saying they had a truck that matched my color combo, CY/FE, and if I was willing to make some configuration changes, I could get it. I was out of town, so I didn't talk to him until today. Sure enough, the change would be going from 20" to 21" wheels. I took a couple of hours to think about it, and called him back and agreed to the change. The VIN hasn't been assigned to me yet, so I have to wait until tomorrow to see if it's still available.
this is amusing. If you watch the shop thread, they have been trying to move that vehicle for weeks and nobody would take it off the shop.

SStroh

First Name
Shelby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hey folks, this is my first real contribution on the forum…here goes.

I’m in CO also and have run AT’s for the past 20+ years on all my SUV’s. And the Pirelli Scorpion were replacement a couple times. While not my favorites, they were one of a few options early with my LR3’s & 19” wheels. But it may be a while before others get in the game to match size, load and speed ratings of the Pirelli’s on the R1T.
At this point I already gave up on the manual tonneau cover: changed configto powered. I just wanted to see if I could jump forward. But based on observations, I think the 21’s may be my best move to actually jump or get access to The Shop.
But I’m just not there…
I did not get the underbody protection. My off-road experience tells me side rails, AT’s & full size spare are more important - especially with nearly 15” of clearance.

I happen to live 800’ from the Denver SC and it’s killing me to see the 21’s & 22’s on the lot the past few weeks. Only 1/5 have the AT’s when back in April/May it seemed more like 75% had AT’s.
Just to give you another data point as tires were the one thing we really didn’t want to compromise on... My husband and I just got our R1T delivered this week with 20” AT in Golden.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Just to give you another data point as tires were the one thing we really didn’t want to compromise on... My husband and I just got our R1T delivered this week with 20” AT in Golden.
Do you happen to have the reinforced underbody?

Sponsored

Sattman69

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘19 4Runner Limited, toytec lift & power brakes
Occupation
Consult/Project Manager
congrats! I was a late preorder but they tricked me with my First Mile test drive over 6 weeks ago. I just have a feeling “my truck” will be available sooner than It should.

I’m sticking with 20”AT’s unless someone on the forum has them and wants to swap for 21” or 22”. I honestly think the 21’s are more than enough for most folks driving but dammit, I’m a fly fisherman, I have a hammock, live in CO, and other stuff doer that needs AT’s!!

I also went through the Denver SC tonight and literally all AT’s are on vehicles with Michigan plates. Maybe 8 or so. There seems to only be a handful that are stages for buyers. Are those loaners? Test drive fleet? Odd…

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

Do you want the AT for the snowflake rating or for off roading primarily? I live in the PNW, but will probably be moving to Denver area in the near future.
This is just my opinion and personal experience of course, but having snow tires in Colorado is all I’ve ever needed besides all-seasons. Obviously some people are planning on really getting after it in their Rivians and I’m all about it, but when we’re camping, I’ve rarely needed ATs. Ski season and range are my priorities, so I guess I’m hoping someone produces a 21” snow tire in the next year, not sure if Blizzaks or anyone else’s 22s are weight rated correctly. Have to check, but daily driver wise with some outdoor enthusiasm? Gonna go 21s hope and pray for an option or bump up to the 22s. Just think it’s your priorities and needs in CO. Snow tires make all the difference for the white stuff.

Last edited:

kucanhead

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, RDX
Occupation
Software Engineer
this is amusing. If you watch the shop thread, they have been trying to move that vehicle for weeks and nobody would take it off the shop.
I got my VIN (94XX) yesterday, and the latest screenshots in that thread show the matching configuration as still available in the shop. I guess they assigned me one fresh on/off the line instead of assigning me the existing one.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru

J_G_R1T

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Passport
Occupation
Sales

Sponsored

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I just made the jump to 21in. Only thing possibly holding me back now is the spare and underbody armor… we will see if this gets me any action. Really really want the spare. Would be willing to sacrifice underbody probably.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I just made the jump to 21in. Only thing possibly holding me back now is the spare and underbody armor… we will see if this gets me any action. Really really want the spare. Would be willing to sacrifice underbody probably.
I kept the spare but dropped to the 21s. I paid for it on my purchase agreement but don't have the vehicle yet, that's next week. So we'll see if it actually comes installed or I have to go back to service to get it. Point being is that the spare wasn't a limiting factor for delivery of a vehicle sooner than my window. At least in my case.

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I kept the spare but dropped to the 21s. I paid for it on my purchase agreement but don't have the vehicle yet, that's next week. So we'll see if it actually comes installed or I have to go back to service to get it. Point being is that the spare wasn't a limiting factor for delivery of a vehicle sooner than my window. At least in my case.
Awesome. Thanks for the info and the hope!

TxBeachRivian

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Clubs

Got guide assigned today and configuration confirmed. What has been peoples timeline in the Houston Tx area after guide assignment?

TxBeachRivian

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Clubs

Got guide assigned today and configuration confirmed. What has been peoples timeline in the Houston Tx area after guide assignment?
And can probably add me to the list of folks that switched to 21” wheels and had a status change within a week.
Sponsored