Sponsored

Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows

fajitafest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Got a call from the SC today double confirming my delivery on Saturday but mainly to let me know that during inspection the powered tonneau cover broke. It’s currently open and can not be closed. They already submitted a ticket and expect replacement parts to be delivered end of July. Honestly, not super bummed about it as I figured it’d break sooner rather than later. Of all things that could be wrong with the vehicle this seems like the least worrisome.
Sponsored

Gigawatts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fast ones
Looks to me like most of the current deliveries are trucks with the 21" wheels.
I've seen some evidence to suggest this is true. I've also seen screenshots of quite a few trucks in the R1 Shop with 22's. So maybe the 20" AT's are just in shorter supply. My truck has 22" shoes.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I've seen some evidence to suggest this is true. I've also seen screenshots of quite a few trucks in the R1 Shop with 22's. So maybe the 20" AT's are just in shorter supply. My truck has 22" shoes.
I hope the 22s are not in short supply I think they look best on the R1S.

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired
Got a text, delivery scheduled for Weds 6/29.
If you don't mind me asking, just curious what part of PA you live in. Maybe my R1T will s00n make it to my part of PA!

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I've had access to the Shop since Saturday. Almost every truck has 21s. Very few trucks with bright 20s or underbody shield. That's what I want, and I haven't seen a single truck with both.

I had a guide assigned with my Shop window. When I emailed to see if there was any updated news / window for my preferred config, a day later she responded my window was still 11-12/22.

Definitely an end of quarter push, but mostly for more basic configs, ie 21s and no reinforced underbody. The list of things delaying us remains the same: delivery location, 20s, reinforced underbody, ocean coast, manual / no tonneau, Explore, Max and R1S

Sponsored

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I've had access to the Shop since Saturday. Almost every truck has 21s. Very few trucks with bright 20s or underbody shield. That's what I want, and I haven't seen a single truck with both.

I had a guide assigned with my Shop window. When I emailed to see if there was any updated news / window for my preferred config, a day later she responded my window was still 11-12/22.

Definitely an end of quarter push, but mostly for more basic configs, ie 21s and no reinforced underbody. The list of things delaying us remains the same: delivery location, 20s, reinforced underbody, ocean coast, manual / no tonneau, Explore, Max and R1S
Hope the delivery windows don't slip again, at this point I may as well just wait for October for my 20" wheel preference.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I think I might consider the 21s and later get aftermarket 20s with ATs. However I can’t go without the underbody armor.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I think I might consider the 21s and later get aftermarket 20s with ATs. However I can’t go without the underbody armor.
I have also considered this, but I haven't seen anything I like yet aftermarket. Maybe in a year or two there might be something, but it would end up probably being well over the $1800 the current 20s are going to cost me. Plus as long as the current schedule holds up I only have another 4-6 months (11/1/22-12/31/22).

I keep telling myself waiting is the smart choice, but it gets harder and harder the more trucks are delivered without one of them being mine. The FOMO is real.

Sponsored

J_G_R1T

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Passport
Occupation
Sales
If you don't mind me asking, just curious what part of PA you live in. Maybe my R1T will s00n make it to my part of PA!
Lehigh Valley

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I hope someone comes out with aftermarket underbody armor. That’s the only thing missing on my truck.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have also considered this, but I haven't seen anything I like yet aftermarket. Maybe in a year or two there might be something, but it would end up probably being well over the $1800 the current 20s are going to cost me. Plus as long as the current schedule holds up I only have another 4-6 months (11/1/22-12/31/22).

I keep telling myself waiting is the smart choice, but it gets harder and harder the more trucks are delivered without one of them being mine. The FOMO is real.
I'm in pretty much the same spot as you only with a month earlier window. As long as things hold as is I don't really see the point in switching to 21" to get my vehicle a few months earlier. I'm not an influencer so it's not like I'm losing revenue every day I don't have it. It's going to be my daily driver for at least a few years and I'm not hopeful there will be many reasonably priced 20" alternatives for the same as Rivian will charge.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I hope someone comes out with aftermarket underbody armor. That’s the only thing missing on my truck.
It'll be a while IMO. There just aren't enough folks out there to justify the R&D for such a product.

J_G_R1T

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Passport
Occupation
Sales
Delivered! And Wow. Awesome ride! So no Full size Spare, All weather Mats, Home Wall Charger or Cargo Cross Bars. Apparently all will ship later. Still learning. Took several attempts for the garage opener set up, no biggie. Only glitch I see is the spare tire bed cover. Doesn’t close evenly so the extended shield hands up when closing.

Rivian R1T R1S Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows E9290AEA-2FD6-4E81-8656-235256471BF1

Rivian R1T R1S Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows 4E07FA5C-AF34-4EF0-828C-F2FCD837E686

Rivian R1T R1S Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows 96A712B7-E116-4CB6-BCD7-3C3379176068

Rivian R1T R1S Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows EB827803-8996-4EE3-B232-401871709823

Sponsored