Sponsored

Oct 2021 Order date gets LE

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
There's a guy over on Reddit that claims to be an Oct 2021 pre order that managed to get his hands on a LE simply by asking his guide if there were other configs available that would get him a quicker delivery. Apparently he was matched to a LG LE and got LE pricing (free wheel upgrades).

If it is true, I hold nothing against the guy and actually wish I was so lucky. However, it does make me wonder:
  1. What the hell Rivian is doing. That could have been an extra $1,800 in it's pocket.
  2. Why the original "owner" backed out of their LE delivery especially when there is still a $20k+ arbitrage opportunity with second hand sales.

Rivian R1T R1S Oct 2021 Order date gets LE Screenshot_20220522-125520_Reddit
Sponsored

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Im very cautious about believing these claims, because I have asked CS about this option and been told no.
I do recognize that what I experienced doesn't mean everyone else is experiencing that same response, but in general I doubt it.

SmorOfNaivir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Ford Maverick Lariat
LOL.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

There is at least one, maybe 2 people on this forum claiming the same thing for what it's worth.

Sponsored

Alex D

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
My situation is not a launch edition (I ordered an adventure) but I ordered 9/25/21 and have a delivery scheduled for next week. I even went by the delivery center yesterday to confirm the truck was actually there. Sure enough, it was and it was awaiting PDI. So I'm not entirely sure the logic on how orders are getting allocated but I think its possible to get changed around to an LE.

My center is the Denver service center and they have more trucks there than I have seen to date. The entire front lot was full and the gated area behind had another half row. It was probably 60+ trucks. A lot of them were one of the two greens. They may just have an over allocation of greens being shipped out randomly. That or the demand for a green R1T is insane. Its the wild west in the Rivian delivery world!

Reactions: Rad

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
There was also at least one person in the reddit discord who reported being offered a launch edition.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'm calling 🐎 💩
I've seen this claim multiple times now with 2021 or Jan 2022 reservation dates. At this point I see no reason to believe it's false. Rivian's reservation system is in chaos.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

My situation is not a launch edition (I ordered an adventure) but I ordered 9/25/21 and have a delivery scheduled for next week. I even went by the delivery center yesterday to confirm the truck was actually there. Sure enough, it was and it was awaiting PDI. So I'm not entirely sure the logic on how orders are getting allocated but I think its possible to get changed around to an LE.

My center is the Denver service center and they have more trucks there than I have seen to date. The entire front lot was full and the gated area behind had another half row. It was probably 60+ trucks. A lot of them were one of the two greens. They may just have an over allocation of greens being shipped out randomly. That or the demand for a green R1T is insane. Its the wild west in the Rivian delivery world!
How close are you to service center

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

And congratulations.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I've seen this claim multiple times now with 2021 or Jan 2022 reservation dates. At this point I see no reason to believe it's false. Rivian's reservation system is in chaos.
That means you'll get your vehicle in a couple weeks

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

danqsi

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Subaru Outback Touring XT
I have a similar situation, I didn't ask for an LE but it's what they had in stock in my color combo (in CT) arriving 5/25 (pre-ordered in November). With that said, I had to pay for the wheel upgrade that came with it (my original package has the standard wheels), nothing free.

OP
OP

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I have a similar situation, I didn't ask for an LE but it's what they had in stock in my color combo (in CT) arriving 5/25 (pre-ordered in November). With that said, I had to pay for the wheel upgrade that came with it (my original package has the standard wheels), nothing free.
That makes a lot more sense.
Sponsored