First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic Hybrid, Subaru Outback, Chevy S-10
Occupation
Translator
I've been a pre-holder since early 2019, told a month or so back I was on track for OC at the end of this month. Emailed guide, no word yet. But here's a mockup of the ocean coast I threw together quickly with the wood from forest edge. Nothing like some what-ifs...

Re-tweet me and let's make this happen:

Mockup
Ocean_Coast_Forest_Edge_Wood.jpg

Original light wood for comparison
Ocean_Coast_Original.jpg
Have to say it looks good either way. I would be glad to have the darker wood too.
Sponsored

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

I think it looks best with the dark/black wood. Not my choice of interior though to begin with.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
I like it. For those that say that dark does not go with the light, most of you probably spend most of your time in driver or passenger seat. Unless you got eyes somewhere else other than front of your head, you mostly see what is in front of you and in a bright sunny day, light surfaces can reduce your ability to see everything else. Cheapo combo in Explore works just fine for me. I especially like darker center steering wheel more than lighter ocean coast.

1650977534548.png

But if you diffidently want the adventure package with wood and don't want to wait how about Black coast or Ocean Mountain option:

OM.JPG
Black Ocean Theme would 100% have me change my configuration.

Rivian take notice!

Reactions: Max

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y
I thought I’d like the OC with the FE wood trim. Not so much after seeing these images. Looks kinda odd. Maybe I’m already used it? I don’t want another car with a black interior. I like FE but not to the level I’d shell out $2000 for it. I guess I’ll stick with OC. Not gonna change to OC with FE wood even Rivian offers it.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
But if you diffidently want the adventure package with wood and don't want to wait how about Black coast or Ocean Mountain option
Can we have a Black Forest option? 🍰

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Can we have a Black Forest option? 🍰
Interesting Ida. I doubt Rivian will go for that since they don't seem to have any supply issues there. I doubt they will go for Black Ocean either.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Rivian employs professional automotive designers. I think all three of the interior fabric and wood color choices look amazing. Simply choose the combo that screams “that’s the one”.

Sponsored

tojesky

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2021 Model X Long Range
Occupation
Retired.
I do not like the light wood on the OC interior. I am an OC interior pre-order. give me a choice of other wood colors. Natural oak looks nice.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Rivian employs professional automotive designers. I think all three of the interior fabric and wood color choices look amazing. Simply choose the combo that screams “that’s the one”.
It would be nice if when they get everything under control they give people an option to mix wood colors for an up-charge.

I like some contrast and I especially like how the FE wood warms up the OC interior color scheme. I guess to me the FE wood feels traditional, the BM wood feels modern, and the OC wood feels… edgy? I think I’d prefer the OC upholstery with unstained wood, even if there is color variation within the interior wood pieces.

Of course aesthetics are highly subjective but I think the current wood selections for OC and BM are less-than ideal for people who like contrast.
Sponsored