First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
its About the constant lies and bs more than the color. The guide has been assuring me for a month that they are on track for April/May delivery as configured.
Someone knew this was the plan for awhile and I’m over their games and bull.
If they didn’t pull this crap, I could have switched a month ago and had a truck ready….

But I don’t want to spend $78k on something I had to settle for and be reminded of this ridiculousness every time I open the door.
So you don't allow for the possibility that thousands of OC trim assemblies were in production at the supplier, shipped to Rivian, and when they arrive at the factory a week to ten days ago, QC pulled the plug due to this problem? And you're certain that someone at Rivian schemed this plan a month or more ago?

Which makes more sense - a supplier's last minute production/quality issue, or Rivian scheming for a month to screw customers?
Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
So you don't allow for the possibility that thousands of OC trim assemblies were in production at the supplier, shipped to Rivian, and when they arrive at the factory a week to ten days ago, QC pulled the plug due to this problem? And you're certain that someone at Rivian schemed this plan a month or more ago?

Which makes more sense - a supplier's last minute production/quality issue, or Rivian scheming for a month to screw customers?
And yet over the last “week to 10 days”, they continued to push out PBAs to OC buyers, and both CS and Guides continued to tell people that everything was on track (except those select few who defied the gag order and were honest).

Reactions: Rad

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
And yet over the last “week to 10 days”, they continued to push out PBAs to OC buyers, and both CS and Guides continued to tell people that everything was on track (except those select few who defied the gag order and were honest).
Have any of those with signed OC PBAs been told they are delayed? Or do they have enough OC to fullfill those with PBAs? I don't know, but it's a possibility.

What I do know is that there are a lot of half empty glasses around here. My glass is always half full and getting refilled. Life feels better that way.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
Have any of those with signed OC PBAs been told they are delayed? Or do they have enough OC to fullfill those with PBAs? I don't know, but it's a possibility.

What I do know is that there are a lot of half empty glasses around here. My glass is always half full and getting refilled. Life feels better that way.
I asked my guide if there was any chance a small batch of OC R1S would be produced. He indicated not. So I switched to Black. :(

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I asked my guide if there was any chance a small batch of OC R1S would be produced. He indicated not. So I switched to Black. :(
Sorry to hear that, I was hoping they would ship a small quantity. But if they are having quality/production issues, it's better to delay and do it right, than ship crap.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seems there’s an equal number of Pollyanna fanboy apologists. Despite your inference, it is possible, and even appropriate IMO, to be critical when there are obvious self-imposed screw ups and yet still be positive on the company as a whole.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
So, has anyone heard after this announcement, for those of us who did switch (to BM or FE) how our priority will be handled?

For example, the ONLY delivery information I have been provided was waaaay back earlier this year when they told me Mar / April 2022 delivery (LE R1S - LG/OC 20"). Now with this announcement I switched to BM interior. Am I now at the back of the line or still at the front? If they come back and give me a Fall'22 delivery window I'm going to be PISSED. The implicit assumption with all this OC communication was - if you switch you'll get your R1 sooner.

I have no indication so far from my guide - who has been VERY responsive during all of this.

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

I know many people try to get extra info from the CS staff, but this was my brief question today:
"How may I help you today?

Me: I have a question about my R1S order configuration in light of the Ocean Coast delay email.

CS: Yes, with your R1S order being in the May to June window, if you choose, you can make the change to Black Mountain or Forest Edge interior to maintain your current estimated delivery window.

Me: so waiting for a Guide contact before I change won't be better?

CS: Feel free to make that change now, as they will notify during their first point of contact as well.

Me: what is the price between OC > BM? (typo here) OC changed to BM

CS: If you, however, choose to stay with Ocean Coast you will have your delivery window will move into fall of this year."

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just got my Guide assigned. My glass is now 3/4 full. 😂 In general their comms still suck though! 😆
Sponsored