Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I know Toyota is doing a lot of the flat colors and I’m just not a fan. My wife saw Forest Green last week and said it was beautiful. So, I’m really torn. LG, FG or El Cap? I think I’m just going to have to drive to Denver to see ‘em myself.
All three colors excellent from my perspective. 3 winners. Choice is a matter of taste and context — including where you live. We ordered LG and drive an X very like El Cap. I think of El Cap as more a city color that works less well in dirt, and FG as a brilliant and original all purpose color well worth offering in perpetuity.
Sponsored

Deleted member 6231

All three colors excellent from my perspective. 3 winners. Choice is a matter of taste and context — including where you live. We ordered LG and drive an X very like El Cap. I think of El Cap as more a city color that works less well in dirt, and FG as a brilliant and original all purpose color well worth offering in perpetuity.
My Model S is that charcoal (El Cap) color. It’s very slick with blacked out windows. Here in Santa Fe though, charcoal pick ups just look boring.

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

My Model S is that charcoal (El Cap) color. It’s very slick with blacked out windows. Here in Santa Fe though, charcoal pick ups just look boring.
I think your spot on, on the “pick up” comment. The dark grey and pick up are almost a contradiction, though the jet black works with anything as long as you keep it clean. My X is about as far away as you can get from a pick up. 😀

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring
lg does change color in the sun. Here is the video I took from a first mile event. You can see the change in color.
It looks the same to me except the there is a shadow cast on the car it becomes darker its not "changing color"

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring
It definitely seems to change color. By fade out, I mean the color changes drastically in different light. Overcast it looks like a dark military/olive green. Bright sun it seems to lighten considerably and look mossy green (which I’m not a fan of). That’s why I’m hesitant about the LG.
Given your hesitation. I think you just need go see the car check out the colors and view it in direct sun and shade so you can make your own decision. Unfortunately with Rivian these colors really need to be seen in the flesh not in videos or pictures.

Sponsored

diz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
FWIW, just received and signed my PBA...OC interior! Maybe they are actually planning to make some s00n, who knows!
Same here, signed the PBA with OC interior yesterday! Seems like they are getting a run together!

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I had my first guide call on Thursday. After talking to her, I didn't have a good feeling about the OC timeline, so I switched to BM. She did say FE was already on the line. So who knows 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP

Perk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2012 Volt, 2013 Odyssey, R2S reserved
I had my first guide call on Thursday. After talking to her, I didn't have a good feeling about the OC timeline, so I switched to BM. She did say FE was already on the line. So who knows 🤷‍♂️
Exactly... who knows. My guide told me I surely would be "the first" to get a configuration with Forest Edge. I don't know if he intended it to be literal (which would of course be a line of horse manure), but I did take it to mean I should be relatively early in line, having a 2018 order. That said, I'm supposed to get an R1T (which we know they are producing) and yet people with an R1S and Forest Edge have already signed their PBA. I at least have a guide contact, so I'm happy about that. I thought though, that the PBA only came when the vehicle was on the way to the service center. I don't follow this as closely as others so I'm not sure why several FE people (R1S especially) are getting a PBA and I have only had an intro guide call. I just want my dang truck! :fingerscrossed:

Oh, and congrats on your guide call!! :clap:

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

It’s not just R1S. It’s also R1Ts. I’ve signed the PBA for my LG/FE R1T yesterday.
One thing I’ve noticed is that Rivian’s outgoing email system is odd.
My guide showed up on my web page Thursday afternoon. I texted her and she asked if I got the intro letter. I told her I hadn’t and see sent me an email with a link to set up an appointment. During the appt on Friday morning I got my PBA. I received the intro letter Saturday afternoon and the subject line was about learning how to charge an EV. The content was the intro letter and it had nothing about charging.
YMMV

Exactly... who knows. My guide told me I surely would be "the first" to get a configuration with Forest Edge. I don't know if he intended it to be literal (which would of course be a line of horse manure), but I did take it to mean I should be relatively early in line, having a 2018 order. That said, I'm supposed to get an R1T (which we know they are producing) and yet people with an R1S and Forest Edge have already signed their PBA. I at least have a guide contact, so I'm happy about that. I thought though, that the PBA only came when the vehicle was on the way to the service center. I don't follow this as closely as others so I'm not sure why several FE people (R1S especially) are getting a PBA and I have only had an intro guide call. I just want my dang truck! :fingerscrossed:

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
All of the above.

The wood looked really fake compared to my BM or the FE pics I've seen. Forest Green next to Launch Green, I'm glad I got LG. FG is nice but generic. The combo might be good for Cali types, but not for me.
To each there own, but I think BM is meh. No contrast whatsoever. OC looks way more luxurious. And I really wanted to like BM. FE wasn't for me, too much green.

Definitely important for everyone to try and see them in person if you can. Pictures aren't enough.

Sponsored

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
In pics the Launch Green looks like it washes out in the sun, almost turning into a mossy green. True? I was LG forever but switched to El Cap because I haven’t had the opportunity to see in person.
I think it's pretty mossy, but I liked it the best in person, and I've seen all the colors except limestone. Originally I had El Cap but switched to LG after seeing them all.

I currently own a magnetic grey Raptor, so pretty similar to El Cap. You really can't go wrong with either, and the fact LG is free made it a no brainer for me

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP

I'm not sure "when the PBA is sent" is indicative of that. My Guide said "A Preliminary Buyer's Agreement is a tentative, non-binding agreement, that locks in your configuration so you're vehicle order can be pulled for production." which suggests to me it might not always mean built.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

To each there own, but I think BM is meh. No contrast whatsoever. OC looks way more luxurious. And I really wanted to like BM. FE wasn't for me, too much green.

Definitely important for everyone to try and see them in person if you can. Pictures aren't enough.
OC looks cheaper and less luxury to me. BM has nice green accents in the stitching and down the center that accents the mats and LG.

Agree to disagree, let's get a beer

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
OC is going to look a lot less luxurious if you use the car as an actual adventure vehicle for any length of time. That's not a dig on the color or Rivian, it's super nice & I'm sure they've done their best to make it durable, but that light of material is going to get dirty and stain. Period.

If you're okay with that and/or plan to use it as more of a city car, it's a great option!

TheSasquatch

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
IT Consulting
+1 for PBA guide assignment today - OC Interior! There's definitely an OC Storm a-comin.
Guide name = "Beth Bertha".

Maybe we should start a spreadsheet of guide assignment and their names so we can start tracking the consistency of the info they're telling people.
Here's hoping OC is coming in strong this month!
Sponsored