First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Genesis GV80, Coda EV
Occupation
YouTuber
Obviously, I'm just one person and data point, but I was told by my guide to switch from OC to BM in my Blue R1T if I wasn't 100% sold on OC because it "will definitely impact delivery time." That said, I'm a March/April window and despite just having signed a PBA yesterday, I'm skeptical the truck will arrive before May.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Perk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2012 Volt, 2013 Odyssey, R2S reserved
To clarify, your Guide specifically told you that an email from RJ is coming soon regarding FE and OC?
I believe the wording the guide used was "announcement", not actually "email". I don't suppose there is any difference, but yes, that's what he said. In fact I believe he said that he was hoping for it to come yesterday, because he knew I was going to be asking (I sent an email specifically about that when I introduced myself to the guide). Anyway he seemed pretty sure there would be something announced this week. But he left wiggle room and said if not this week, then next.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Launch Edition, LG,FE, 22' Sport Bright, & tow hooks,
Yeah - my exact config. Although I think the tow hooks are standard on the LE now, right? Not an option to add?

KarTruck

First Name
Abhi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Monster S2R
I believe the wording the guide used was "announcement", not actually "email". I don't suppose there is any difference, but yes, that's what he said. In fact I believe he said that he was hoping for it to come yesterday, because he knew I was going to be asking (I sent an email specifically about that when I introduced myself to the guide). Anyway he seemed pretty sure there would be something announced this week. But he left wiggle room and said if not this week, then next.
I spoke with CS today and was basically told the FE is likely to happen in my delivery window (April/May) but OC is not. That message overall seems to be consistent.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I was told yesterday by my guide that there was no delay with OC, and the fact that my OC was picked for a guide contact was a good sign OC was going into production.

Signed a PBA for an R1T with OC Interior yesterday.

Just a lot of inconsistent data points.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover

I was told the same a few weeks ago and used the word soon, but I interpreted soon to mean less than 2 weeks.... I never learn...

Last edited:

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
I spoke to my guide 2 weeks ago and was left with the distinct impression there would be some "event" surrounding R1S in the next 2 weeks (so this week latest). My guide mentioned there was supposed to be a lot more information coming out on the R1S - including an update on OC and FE interiors. It sounded to me (not explicitly stated) like there was a planned PR event for the R1S along with an update on availability of OC / FE.

I'm worried and now wondering if there's a plan a foot to scrap the OC interior (pure speculation on my part). Given the higher price point as part of the price debacle and now rumored delays of components (and maybe low order volume) - that they're going to simplify build process and pricing by just doing away with it. SURE DO HOPE I'M WRONG.

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

I spoke to my guide 2 weeks ago and was left with the distinct impression there would be some "event" surrounding R1S in the next 2 weeks (so this week latest). My guide mentioned there was supposed to be a lot more information coming out on the R1S - including an update on OC and FE interiors. It sounded to me (not explicitly stated) like there was a planned PR event for the R1S along with an update on availability of OC / FE.

I'm worried and now wondering if there's a plan a foot to scrap the OC interior (pure speculation on my part). Given the higher price point as part of the price debacle and now rumored delays of components (and maybe low order volume) - that they're going to simplify build process and pricing by just doing away with it. SURE DO HOPE I'M WRONG.
I bet there's at least 10K orders for OC. That's too large to cancel. In fact, I've been reconfiguring between OC and FE. I can't remember where my config sits now (Sept 2019 R1S pre-order).

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
Is your guide Kevin? I mentioned in a separate R1S thread my guide said the same thing. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Honestly who knows anything with Rivian until it actually happens.

All that said, my PBA is signed and my configuration is locked. LE R1S, White, Ocean Coast, 22’s.

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Your CEO typically announces new car launches or new products. I don’t see a CEO announcing something as trivial as the color of seats is delayed. That seems like a quick email or footnote they can add. But who knows.

Sponsored

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This is such a strange set of events. Why are guides letting people know there's a delay (or likely delay) and its not communicated out in an official email. Rivian seems to want to do things on hard mode. At this point I'm not sure anyone would be surprised at the delay so why not just put it out there and worst case under promise if everything is resolved in a few months.

ejf128

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, GV70
They also seem to be all over the place with sending the PBAs. Several with R1S reservations who had calls at the beginning of the month haven't received them with Mar/Apr delivery windows. However, more recently they are going out. They definitely don't have their process down yet.

dzmconstr

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S 75D

IMO it's going to be an intro/unveiling of the production R1S which is configured with OC or FE interior. So it'll probably be the "First of" as far as OC/FE goes. And so it'll be tied with the unveiling of the R1S. I think it's good news for all OC, FE and R1S waiters. It's not a negative that it's delayed, it'll be a "it's here".

Fingers crossed.
Dzm
Sponsored