Sponsored

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

How much of your desire for Ocean Coast is related to the wood color vs the seat color? Since they say that it is the light wood dash causing the delay, perhaps you could ask them to build your truck with Ocean Coast seats and a Forest Edge dash.
That would be beautiful. But also run completely contrary to the batching they're trying to do.
Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

SIGH....

I urge everyone with an OC interior to switch to BM.

Thank you in advance. :like:

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado
How much of your desire for Ocean Coast is related to the wood color vs the seat color? Since they say that it is the light wood dash causing the delay, perhaps you could ask them to build your truck with Ocean Coast seats and a Forest Edge dash.
its About the constant lies and bs more than the color. The guide has been assuring me for a month that they are on track for April/May delivery as configured.
Someone knew this was the plan for awhile and I’m over their games and bull.
If they didn’t pull this crap, I could have switched a month ago and had a truck ready….

But I don’t want to spend $78k on something I had to settle for and be reminded of this ridiculousness every time I open the door.

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
The least they could do is offer No Cost upgrade to Forest Edge if you were an OC pre-order

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

its About the constant lies and bs more than the color. The guide has been assuring me for a month that they are on track for April/May delivery as configured.
Someone knew this was the plan for awhile and I’m over their games and bull.
If they didn’t pull this crap, I could have switched a month ago and had a truck ready….

But I don’t want to spend $78k on something I had to settle for and be reminded of this ridiculousness every time I open the door.
And frankly, it's possible that they are on track for the deliveries that are more immediate. He mentions in the email that they'll start to see Adventure rolling off the lines - already have. He also mentions updates on timing in late May. Well, I have a May/June delivery date. I'm hoping that they're going to get me a guide assigned and give me an update well in advance of that. I would hope the same is true for you, too. Remember, they're still building low volumes right now. They're tying to smooth things out and realign things so they can get greater velocity from the line.

All that to say, take a deep breath and give it a minute. Maybe it's bad news, maybe it's not. Just give it a minute to see. Yours could have been one of the ones built that told them OC takes longer than expected.

Sponsored

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

And frankly, it's possible that they are on track for the deliveries that are more immediate. He mentions in the email that they'll start to see Adventure rolling off the lines - already have. He also mentions updates on timing in late May. Well, I have a May/June delivery date. I'm hoping that they're going to get me a guide assigned and give me an update well in advance of that. I would hope the same is true for you, too. Remember, they're still building low volumes right now. They're tying to smooth things out and realign things so they can get greater velocity from the line.

All that to say, take a deep breath and give it a minute. Maybe it's bad news, maybe it's not. Just give it a minute to see. Yours could have been one of the ones built that told them OC takes longer than expected.
Based of the March volumes they are at over 1200 a month which get you close to the 15k estimate for the year with no further ramp. I expect them to comfortably clear that target and announce that later this year at a quarterly call.

Jus10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sold it in August thinking my R1T was close.....
Pain. 😢

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
Just got off the phone with my guide. Ocean Coast deliveries start Fall 2022. Announcement soon.
Fall 2022, based on previous RIVIAN timing, means March 21-June 21,2023. They will announce any further delays after the next Earnings announcement.

snomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 XV Crosstrek
Well now my biggest fear is committing to BM or FE and then right after I take delivery they come out and say "jk, we put the walnut on Ocean Coast and it looks dope. No more delays, get what you want!"

Sponsored

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
You got no patience huh? That's too bad. I got plenty of patience. Even if it takes another year.
Lol he deleted it. Knee jerk reaction probably calmed down and touched some grass.

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
I'd be surprised if switching the wood on OC would speed things up at this point. Unless the wood is stained in-house, they'd need to have enough of the FE wood on hand to also cover the OC, or they'd need to order it and receive it super quickly. Then there's the issue of sub-assemblies, which would likely take weeks if not longer to start producing with that new wood.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I'd be surprised if switching the wood on OC would speed things up at this point. Unless the wood is stained in-house, they'd need to have enough of the FE wood on hand to also cover the OC, or they'd need to order it and receive it super quickly. Then there's the issue of sub-assemblies, which would likely take weeks if not longer to start producing with that new wood.
Is the wood not the same across all three trims? Looks to be just a different finish. Still a change, for sure, but easier than securing a wholly-separate species of wood.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Is the wood not the same across all three trims? Looks to be just a different finish. Still a change, for sure, but easier than securing a wholly-separate species of wood.
It's all supposed to be reclaimed ash. I believe the bigger issue is that with the stained FE and BM finishes, you can hide minor blemishes and natural variability easier. With OC, the grain of the wood has to effectively be perfect, or it'll just look bad.

Though I still think there's other issues with the plastics for OC, since we have yet to see an OC interior with matching ceiling speaker grills. But only Rivian knows for sure.