Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
BM has nice green accents in the stitching and down the center that accents the mats and LG.
This is the exact reason I'm anti-BM. The green accents only work if you go for a green or neutral exterior color. Why they included green accents and mats on a "black" interior is puzzling.

Anyways, I like beer.
Sponsored

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
+1 for PBA guide assignment today - OC Interior! There's definitely an OC Storm a-comin.
Guide name = "Beth Bertha".

Maybe we should start a spreadsheet of guide assignment and their names so we can start tracking the consistency of the info they're telling people.
Here's hoping OC is coming in strong this month!
Not sure if others have heard anything differently, but I've been told there will be an announcement imminently on OC (today?). Have no idea what it is - but a bit worried.

OP
OP

Perk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2012 Volt, 2013 Odyssey, R2S reserved
Maybe we should start a spreadsheet of guide assignment and their names so we can start tracking the consistency of the info they're telling people.
Personally I would like that. Perhaps we could start to make sense of the different messages we seem to be getting. Right now things seem inconsistent, but we do not know if it's just an inconsistency between guides, or if the information is changing.

However it seems there's been a reluctance to name guides on here, so I have not named mine. I don't understand that though. As long as we're not bad mouthing anyone, I don't see any reason why we can't say the name of company employees that are authorized to speak on behalf of the company - and then what they said. 🤔

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Personally I would like that. Perhaps we could start to make sense of the different messages we seem to be getting. Right now things seem inconsistent, but we do not know if it's just an inconsistency between guides, or if the information is changing.

However it seems there's been a reluctance to name guides on here, so I have not named mine. I don't understand that though. As long as we're not bad mouthing anyone, I don't see any reason why we can't say the name of company employees that are authorized to speak on behalf of the company - and then what they said. 🤔
The guides can only provide info as they've received it. Which seems to change frequently. I'm personally hesitant to be assigning communication to an individual guide as they seem to get different info daily, or things are changed on them without warning.

jagged

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick LaCrosse
Occupation
Principal Engineer
Clubs

The guides can only provide info as they've received it. Which seems to change frequently. I'm personally hesitant to be assigning communication to an individual guide as they seem to get different info daily, or things are changed on them without warning.
I would also be a little concerned about posting real names and then having someone dox a guide.

Sponsored

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
I only mean this in the most light-hearted of ways ...
but this could easily go in my Thread: You know you *might* have a Rivian problem, if ...

You suggest coming up with a group spreadsheet just to chart Guide-supplied info ...

BuzzL8ghtYears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
I only mean this in the most light-hearted of ways ...
but this could easily go in my Thread: You know you *might* have a Rivian problem, if ...

You suggest coming up with a group spreadsheet just to chart Guide-supplied info ...
you ever watch the movie "mean girls"? you're trying to make 'fetch' happen right now....LOL jk

TheSasquatch

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
IT Consulting
Lol. You guys are killin me. That made me chuckle. I'm actually not really one to even check the forums very often but thought I'd post that my guide made contact. Then, I read that guides were giving conflicting info so I suggested tracking what they tell everyone so that we can start to get a streamlined set of more accurate info.
But, ultimately, I guess it doesn't matter what they say because actually getting a truck is what matters. :)
My poor guide is gonna get pummeled with questions about colors and timeframes when we have our call this week. I'm changing to BM for sure if there's any indication that there are issues with OC production.
I'll keep everyone posted since [apparently] heresay is a valuable commodity.:CWL:

martymande

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just finished talking with my Guide. Here's what I learned.
1. Any change in configuration delays delivery.
2. Ocean Coast interiors are in very limited production.
3. How long is the wait for an Ocean Coast interior is unclear.
4. Offered the chance to get a R1T sooner if I switch to a Black Mountain interior. How much sooner left unclear. I left Ocean Coast in my configuration.
5. My Guide has to "huddle" with her team to find out when an El Cap & Ocean Coast R1T will be built. "Team" means production scheduling folks in Normal.
6. Coordination between Guides and Normal is critical as to when configured vehicles are built.
Have there been any ocean coast deliveries?

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
^ no....

Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I keep hearing about an "imminent" announcement about Ocean Ghost, I mean Ocean Coast, and nothing happens and we keep moving the goalposts.

Maybe we just hit pause on the stoking anxiety and fear for us with OC configurations and let me continue to cling to the notion that everything is super awesome! :(

Chots19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan, Toyota
Wow. That really sucks.
Nothing like waiting until the very last minute to let people know of another delay.
I wonder if they will begin reaching out to those with OC configured to switch to BM again?

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
and just got the email. Screw rivian I’m done.
How much of your desire for Ocean Coast is related to the wood color vs the seat color? Since they say that it is the light wood dash causing the delay, perhaps you could ask them to build your truck with Ocean Coast seats and a Forest Edge dash.
Sponsored