Sponsored

NYT Rivian Article By Peter Eavis is Out : "Rivian Loses Its Shine as Investors Fret About Production Delays"

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

pretty much sums up the feeling of the forums. not a bad summary, but nothing new.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Well, there's the problem right there.. where's the beef? .. er.. trucks? Rivian is supposed to make trucks right? Not a single truck in the photo :cool:

Rivian R1T R1S NYT Rivian Article By Peter Eavis is Out : "Rivian Loses Its Shine as Investors Fret About Production Delays" Rivian line

Last edited:

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
That's not a photo of the Rivian production line at Normal. At best, it's a photo of Mitsubishi Motor's abandoned line at Normal. At worst, it's who knows what? Where's the credit for the photo?

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

no point in posting links to pay-to-view news sites :swear:

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hopefully this will shock Rivian out of its communications blackout and actually start communicating to customers. In the meantime, maybe it's time for me to buy a holdover car?

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

no point in posting links to pay-to-view news sites :swear:
Hmm it let me read for free after signing up for a free account. Payment in the form of tracking and advertising I guess.

If you're an active forum member, there's nothing new there. Really just a piece to summarize everything we talk about here.
Pretty much 2 paragraphs for each contraversial topic, gender discrimination lawsuit, coo retirement, Rivian's lack of communication.

Pepper in a few quotes, from what I assume are 2 forum members, about waiting and waiting and waiting for delivery and you're all caught up.

Edit: it is also well written and comes from a seemingly neutral stance on Rivian. A much better article than say Bloomberg produces.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
This pretty much sums up this whole forum,

“The company seems to be completely focused on broad-based marketing and branding and pays little attention to the people who have actually committed to buy one of their vehicles,” Mr. Paduda said in an email.

Hopefully, this article will light a fire under Rivian to actually be more transparent.

Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
That's not a photo of the Rivian production line at Normal. At best, it's a photo of Mitsubishi Motor's abandoned line at Normal. At worst, it's who knows what? Where's the credit for the photo?
I agree this photo looks deceiving as the cover for this article. While I don't disagree with some of the content of the article, I think this photo is questionable.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Funny the day they post this RIVN goes up 5%. As an investor and hopefully future owner, the fact employee deliveries are still happening and not many real customer deliveries are happening is still concerning. I'm really hoping they don't delay the current Jan/Feb deliveries, because that will kill any stock momentum going into March earnings.

Last edited:

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
This pretty much sums up this whole forum,

“The company seems to be completely focused on broad-based marketing and branding and pays little attention to the people who have actually committed to buy one of their vehicles,” Mr. Paduda said in an email.

Hopefully, this article will light a fire under Rivian to actually be more transparent.
I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. Their communication to preorder holders is comically sad. You would think they would put forth a little more effort (hell even some) to customers that have been with them since 2018 and even invested in their IPO. I'm sure their vehicles will be great, but their chance to make a first impression with me is over and it's left me with nothing but a bad taste in my mouth. We all thought communication would improve after the IPO, but in my opinion it has only gotten worse. Anyhow, happy hump day to you all.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Nothing new but a high profile article shining even more light on what some of the best contributors here have been saying.

The article is journalism as it should be. Neutral and a reporting of facts and multiple expert opinions.

Still bullish but confidence is not as high....

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Every time I see the title of this thread, my subconscious reads:
"NYT Rivian Article By Peter Eavis is Out : "Rivian Loses Its Shit..."
Sponsored