Sponsored

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Here's a nice NYT article on the future of electric trucks with RJ and Rivian prominently featured in the write-up. As the article underscores, pricing will be key, all the more so in the post-pandemic era. At what price point will enough folks jump in to make electric trucks mainstream?

New Breed of Pickups Mixes Horsepower and Battery Power
Electric Hummers and Cybertrucks, as well as the next generation of S.U.V.s, will signal the arrival of the E.V. era in America if they start to sell in big numbers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/business/electric-pickup-trucks.html?auth=link-dismiss-google1tap
Sponsored

OP
OP
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Is that silver or gray in the opening shot of the R1T in the NYT piece?

In the dim light, it takes on a sage green tone/ambience which is quite nice, and that connects us to the thread of exterior colors. I don't think sage green is in the works, but maybe it should be.

The colors we believe are coming include, white, silver, black, forest green, RJ blue, red, and maybe a gray seen in the South American R1T adventure. That's 7 colors; there will be 8, or so we've been told. If you're interested in exterior colors, head over to that thread. I'm still hoping for a sage green, but a dark blue, metallic copper/brown and charcoal would be nice too.

Rivian R1T R1S NYT Article on the Future of Electric Trucks with RJ Featured Prominently 2022-Rivian-R1T-Leg-5-21

Last edited by a moderator:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Is that silver or gray in the opening shot of the R1T in the NYT piece?
Definitely the silver.

And I agree, I would love to see a metallic sage. I've got a mock up of that color over in the R1S colors thread.
Sponsored