First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Ops
I'm going to be venturing out this Saturday, going with my truck and a buddy/his jeep. We are both in the North Seattle area so were probably planning somewhere off HWY2 depending on the fire conditions or Mountain Loop HWY. Could also check out places off I90 past snoqualmie but I'm less familiar with that area. Looking to just do some trail adventuring and shooting. Let me know if anyone wants to join!
I'd join in and bring some toys, but I'm hosting an Oktoberfest.
Sponsored

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

I’d normally be interested, but I’m trying to wrap up some outdoor projects before the rains set in.

Hopefully you all can get a group together!

dmc94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - GW/FE/20"
Clubs

Please join us for an off-road meet up! We will be meeting at Crystal Springs Sno-Park just off Kachess Lake Road and i90.

This event is aimed toward Rivian owners but if you have a Rivian on order and an off-road vehicle capable of keeping up, we'd love to have you join! We will have our first Show & Tell in early November either in Seattle or Bellevue.

We'll meet at 10:00 am and start on the trail at 10:30. We'll caravan over Stampede Pass to Greenwater. I'm allotting four hours so we can stop for lunch and take our time enjoying the views, but we might be done sooner than that. Starting at in the morning will allow for everyone to be home before dinner and hopefully avoid some midday weekend traffic. .

Stampede Pass is 31.4 miles and is rated 2/10 so this is a great, easy route to get your feet wet if you haven't off-roaded before.

Roundtrip is 172 miles from downtown Seattle so charging to 100% should allow for no stops even with the efficiency hit on the trail. If the range hit is much worse than expected there is an EA fast charger 40 miles from the trail end at South Hill Mall (Puyallup) or the Auburn Outlet Collection so as long as we have 50+ miles left, we're good to go.

Food: I'll bring ingredients for some sandwiches along with some granola and chips. Maybe someone could bring beverages?

Ask questions below and don't hesitate to message me.

onXoffroad link for Stampede Pass: https://webmap.onxmaps.com/offroad/map/query/47.19242,-121.40251,12.23/overview?mode=dirt

Date: Saturday, October 22nd
Time: 10:00am meet up - hit the trail at 10:30
Location: Crystal Springs Sno-Park for the meet up. Then Stampede Pass to Greenwater is the trail.

PNWRIV

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Has anyone done the Naches 4x4 Trail? Thinking about checking out parts of it this Saturday but I don't know much about it/the difficulty of it.

Last edited:

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Has anyone done the Naches Trail? Thinking about checking it out but I don't know much about it/the difficulty of it.
That's on my list to do next year! I love staying at American River guard station and hitting that area in the fall. I wanted to do it during morel season but Ma came to town for "Mother's Day" and wanted to "spend time together." Ugh

If you do it, let me know!

Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

That's on my list to do next year! I love staying at American River guard station and hitting that area in the fall. I wanted to do it during morel season but Ma came to town for "Mother's Day" and wanted to "spend time together." Ugh

If you do it, let me know!
Is that the one that crosses the PCT? My wife and I wanted to camp out there and do a trail angel station for the hikers next summer.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Is that the one that crosses the PCT? My wife and I wanted to camp out there and do a trail angel station for the hikers next summer.
Yep it crosses near the Government Meadows cabin.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone done the Naches 4x4 Trail? Thinking about checking out parts of it this Saturday but I don't know much about it/the difficulty of it.
I've been contemplating it, however there are at least some parts of the OHV area that I don't want to take my truck after watching a video of an FJ getting a significant amount of damage and requiring a lot of winching.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I've never done it, but I've heard second hand that it's a pretty rough route in a full-sized rig - lots of narrow portions and tricky bits requiring a competent spotter and some skill to avoid body damage. I'd encourage you to watch a few videos of the route before deciding. I've been meeting to scout it on my ADV bike one of these days.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I've been contemplating it, however there are at least some parts of the OHV area that I don't want to take my truck after watching a video of an FJ getting a significant amount of damage and requiring a lot of winching.
I went confirm Kyle's post and decided to grab the video I referenced. I was missing up Elbe ORV with Naches.

I've never done it, but I've heard second hand that it's a pretty rough route in a full-sized rig - lots of narrow portions and tricky bits requiring a competent spotter and some skill to avoid body damage. I'd encourage you to watch a few videos of the route before deciding. I've been meeting to scout it on my ADV bike one of these days.
Agreed. This video gave me quite a bit of pause for that exact reason:

Actually, every gate keeper I've seen online at the ORV parks in the area really do their job and make me think twice about taking my truck to one.

Sponsored

PNWRIV

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I went confirm Kyle's post and decided to grab the video I referenced. I was missing up Elbe ORV with Naches.

Actually, every gate keeper I've seen online at the ORV parks in the area really do their job and make me think twice about taking my truck to one.
Yeah, I think I’m going to skip that haha

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, I think I’m going to skip that haha
Right?! Did you see his summary of damage at the end?! That was painful.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

This makes me miss my Disco! $5k and I could beat the hell out of it and not worry. I want it back!

Might be time to dump the Aprilia and get an ADV bike. Any electric riders on here?

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Might be time to dump the Aprilia and get an ADV bike. Any electric riders on here?
I right a 2013 F800GSA right now and have put it through a lot... I'm irrationally tempted by the new Zero DSR/X despite pretty much everything I hear about the company. I rode the SR/F a few years back and had a blast.

tomatohead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq 5, R1S (VIN assigned)
Occupation
Retired
I'm in! Took delivery 3 weeks ago. New to pnw live on Whidbey island.
I just got a R1S in Coupeville. Think I've seen you on HWY 20 several times between OH and Freeland. I was in my HI5 then.
Sponsored