Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I am loving the enthusiasm here. I guess next step is to plan an outing before the season is over.

I would suggest a weekend in late August/early September. I would think we would avoid Labor day weekend but it would be an option for me. Maybe the weekend before or after, what does everyone think?

It looks like something in SW Washington would make it the most accessible for the most of us and charging options exist along I5 in Hood River or Yakima. Also plenty of wilderness to explore with our beautiful trucks ;)
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I'm a big maybe for the last weekend in August or Second in September.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Bow season in Oregon is 8/27 -9/25 so I'll be out in the woods through most of that time. I'll keep an eye on what gets scheduled though in case I can make it work.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I'm hiking the Enchantments the last weekend in August, but I'd be very interested in Labor Day or the second weekend in September - wife is travelling for both of those anyway so I won't be missed 🙂

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I'm hiking the Enchantments the last weekend in August, but I'd be very interested in Labor Day or the second weekend in September - wife is travelling for both of those anyway so I won't be missed 🙂
Nice. Jealous of that hiking trip, I hear it is wonderful.

Sponsored

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Sure...really interested in getting people's take on charging options in semi-remote areas. Plugshare doesn't show a lot of charging options around Rainer and Hood...

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Sure...really interested in getting people's take on charging options in semi-remote areas. Plugshare doesn't show a lot of charging options around Rainer and Hood...
The Rainier area is definitely a charging desert right now. If you're coming from the north, Crystal just installed a set of free L2 chargers which were only about 25% occupied last weekend - I was only getting 3-6kW though.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

There is actually quite a few options around Mt Hood when you consider EA in Sandy, Hood River and then additional 50kW stations in Government Camp and the Barlow area. Also have Madras if you are on that side of the wilderness, hopefully soon a RAN station there too.

I haven’t explored around Rainier much yet with my truck, they did just add charging stations at Crystal, looks like 8 of them but L2 and unclear what speed. Edit: Answered by @kylealden above 🤔

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Definitely interested. Last weekend in August I'm out most likely as I'm volunteering for Hood to Coast on Friday night.

My truck goes up to Bellevue the Tuesday after Labor day, so I'd suspect I'll not have it back by the ensuing weekend, but who knows.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Definitely interested. Last weekend in August I'm out most likely as I'm volunteering for Hood to Coast on Friday night.

My truck goes up to Bellevue the Tuesday after Labor day, so I'd suspect I'll not have it back by the ensuing weekend, but who knows.
Not sure what work you're getting done but most likely you are correct. Tow contractor picked up my truck Monday night last week and then it got dropped off this morning. They had the work finished late Thursday but there was some delay after arranging logistics.

That said if you're available labor day weekend it does sound like both @kylealden and myself are available that weekend. Not sure about @SeaGeo who is a big maybe for the weekend before or after and it sounds like @bowhunter will be sheltered in a blind waiting for a buck to walk by ;)

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure what work you're getting done but most likely you are correct. Tow contractor picked up my truck Monday night last week and then it got dropped off this morning. They had the work finished late Thursday but there was some delay after arranging logistics.

That said if you're available labor day weekend it does sound like both @kylealden and myself are available that weekend. Not sure about @SeaGeo who is a big maybe for the weekend before or after and it sounds like @bowhunter will be sheltered in a blind waiting for a buck to walk by ;)
Pending running it by my wife, I believe I'm available both labor day weekend and the weekend after.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

I’m interested in tagging along with our ICE overlander. Since we aren’t Rivian official yet, you guys pick your weekend and I will try to make it work.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Any more thoughts on Labor Day Weekend? I'm itching to get out and do some exploring :)

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Any more thoughts on Labor Day Weekend? I'm itching to get out and do some exploring :)
We were just waiting on you Mike ;)

But seriously I do think we have coalesced around Labor Day weekend. As a roll call I have:

@kylealden
@SeaGeo
@mgc0216
@jjswan33
@Forager1

Anyone else?

I had originally pitched wilderness areas in SW Washington. That would be exploration, not been there besides climbing a couple mountains but that is half the fun.

A second option would be to play around on Hood, which is my back yard.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
We are all apparently thinking the same thing today
Sponsored