Sponsored

Nikhiluor

First Name
Nikhil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Rivian clearly had and has a feature set that they want the vehicles to have. They also know that things need improvement in some areas. From a marketing viewpoint, this is vital. The EV sales battleground is and will be software. How many people here post "My Telsa can do this, why can't my Rivian?" Rivian has no choice if they want to remain competetive. Extending the timeframe saves no money, unless you are really saying they should not introduce any more new features or fullfill their feature set.

Shifting to quarterly release increases complexity. More new features get released at one time. If there are any bugs in it, users have to wait 3 months for it to be fixed. That's the old school methodology of development. Based on what we have seen, IMO it looks like Rivian is using an Agile software development methodology called Scrum, and each release is a Sprint. Sprints are weeks or a month, not 3 months.
1708911641575.png
Yes, it must be agile based development and we all know Rivian has produced one of the best EV product and will continue to improve by adding features but it must be done with right frequency. Most of these changes are not necessarily going to affect the core function of the car. Again I might be very wrong but to release these changes in monthly basis, Rivian must be having a large team of s/w dev & on field testing team (All based out of US) and I am fairly certain it must be costing them a lot to implement/test feature across two product lines with different bill of materials.
I just saying that focus should be to selectively implement features while increase market share by investing in sales & marketing.
Sponsored

Aquinas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
How many dev, testers and product managers do you think are on the team? 30? 50?

Figure a $200K average salary, that's $10MM per year at 50 headcount.

I get that every bit of savings helps, but given how important the software affects the experience of the car, I don't think this is the place to make cuts.

Wing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition LG/OC 20-inch
There are a lot of UI jobs in Canada actually and the pay is a lot less than 200k USD. Most like $100k cdn.

j.emerson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 EV
Release notes source: RivianTrackr
OTA First reported on electraFi on Feb 24, 2024.
---

Software Update 2024.07
Navigation Improvements To Ease Your Travels
We’ve improved navigation performance and usability on the center display:

• Improved route selection and estimated time of arrival (ETA).
  • Faster rerouting guidance when the vehicle diverges from the current route.
  • Different route line colors to clearly indicate the legs of a route.
  • Enhanced map styles to better convey higher map titles and different map orientations.
  • Improved stability and map rendering performance.
  • Updated the maximum number of added stops to 10 during trip planning.
Room Entry And Exit Enhancements
We’ve improved the roomy entry and exit experience:

• The automatic movement of the seat and steering wheel is now more consistent after you enter an unlocked vehicle that was asleep.
  • The seat and steering wheel now continue to automatically adjust when you use the steering wheel controls to change the volume, answer a phone call, or open a garage door.
  • You can quickly stop the automatic movement of the seat and steering wheel by pressing the leftmost thumb control button on the left side of the steering wheel (or any side seat control).
  • The seat and steering now automatically adjust when you unfasten the driver seat belt or open the driver-side door after you press the Park button, but before the vehicle shifts into Park.
Vehicle Launch In The Province Of Quebec
Rivian is now launching vehicles in the province of Quebec in Canada.

Additional Improvements
  • For the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), the vehicle now shows the last known tire pressure readings on the Gauge View in the Drive Modes app.

• For defrost or defog, increased airflow at the proper temperature to quickly clear the windshield while keeping the cabin climate comfortable during cold weather conditions.
  • With the Rivian mobile app version 2.7.0 or later, the trip planner now accounts for towing, allowing you to select one of the Trailer Profiles defined in-vehicle.
  • Estimated charging costs now appear on the center and driver displays when you start charging using the Rivian mobile app or Plug & Charge.
  • Improved the accuracy of the estimated remaining time for an active Climate Schedule.
  • You can now save minor seat position adjustments to your drive profile.
  • To prevent inadvertent changes from the key fob or Rivian mobile app:
    • The windows won’t go up or down while the vehicle is in Drive, Reverse, or Car Wash mode.
    • The vehicle won’t lock or unlock while it is in Drive or Reverse.
  • Improved the smoothness of reengaging Highway Assist after a lane change.
  • Fixed a rare issue in which the navigation notification on the center display incorrectly showed the battery as critically low.
  • Fixed an intermittent issue in which the overhead lights didn’t turn on if you opened a door while the vehicle was asleep.
  • Infotainment:
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the Library tab from initially loading media in Spotify.
    • Fixed a rare issue that caused Spotify to load a previous user’s playlists.
    • Fixed a rare issue in which the icons on the driver display incorrectly switched between day and night modes.
    • Fixed a rare issue that caused an emergency phone call using the Phone app to fail.
  • Made stability improvements to the backup camera view.
  • Improved the 12 V battery notification and recovery if the charge on the battery is very low.
Would greatly appreciate an on camera view of a lane change on the dashboard screen with the turned indicator activated including a warning sign if a vehicle is too close to your lane change.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Hopefully they can have the radio window auto hide when on the maps. It auto hides on every other screen but won’t auto hide when on navigation screen. Yes it’s a small thing but annoying. And I know it’s an easy fix. Also please add the clock to the center drivers screen don’t like having to look all the way over to top right of main screen for safety reasons. Yes I know it’s a small ask and not important to some but it would be nice to make it easier to check time while on the road
I assume not auto-hiding on maps is intentional because it doesn’t obscure any information on the maps screen like it does on other screens. So not necessarily something they feel they need to “fix”.

Sponsored

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

After doing about 8 hours of highway driving this weekend in the mountains, I'd really like to see an option buried in a menu somewhere to disable the auto slowdown in corners thing. It's unbelievably annoying, slows down for corners when unnecessary, and slows down way too much.
This was a recent add and it's really bad as you indicated and appears random at best. Very jerky brake then off then on mid highway curve with a 70mph speed limit going down to 60. I now try to remember to turn off ACC/Driver+ except on long sweepers.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

There are a lot of UI jobs in Canada actually and the pay is a lot less than 200k USD. Most like $100k cdn.
Plus overhead - the salary is only part of the cost to the company, for each worker.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

This was a recent add and it's really bad as you indicated and appears random at best. Very jerky brake then off then on mid highway curve with a 70mph speed limit going down to 60. I now try to remember to turn off ACC/Driver+ except on long sweepers.
It's actually been a feature for at least 6-9 months. A recent software update did tweak it to make it smoother, but it still sucks and as you pointed out, slows down *way* too much for what it is.

Grogu

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
I assume not auto-hiding on maps is intentional because it doesn’t obscure any information on the maps screen like it does on other screens. So not necessarily something they feel they need to “fix”.
It is still very distracting and if it auto hides on all the others, it’s not that big of an effort to make it auto hide on all screens I’m just saying that is my personal preference I just gotta get it out there in the universe because if they don’t know they can’t fix

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
It is still very distracting and if it auto hides on all the others, it’s not that big of an effort to make it auto hide on all screens I’m just saying that is my personal preference I just gotta get it out there in the universe because if they don’t know they can’t fix
And I like that it doesn't auto hide :) so would prefer they keep it like it is.

Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I just want them to swap the order the seat moves. If my wife was the last one to drive, and for some reason roomy entrance/exit didn't kick in, then I get in, and it moves the seat *FORWARD* squishing me into the steering wheel, then it adjusts down (which also causes it to go backward. My wife likes the seat all the way up, I like it all the way down. That difference in forward/rearward position between top and bottom means I have to slide it ever so slightly forward. By adjusting the forward first, it squishes me.)

Grogu

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
And I like that it doesn't auto hide :) so would prefer they keep it like it is.
Well, then they need to add it so that you can either have an auto Hyde or not auto Hyde just like on Microsoft Windows where you can have the bottom taskbar auto Hyde or not auto that way we both win

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T FG/FE 20" AT Dark
Mine directed me to the alley behind our local shopping center recently. Where all the dumpsters are. I guess it figured "close enough"? 🤦😆
Navigating so you can be next to the other dumpsters? This must be a sign that Rivian is stealing code from the cybertruck!

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

• Infotainment:
    • Fixed a rare issue that caused Spotify to load a previous user’s playlists
I would like to have the SPOTIFY account linked to the PaaK, KeyCard or FOB. My wife and I have totally different musical styles. I like her music (some of it) but she doesn't like mine (Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Journey, Metallica, Megadeth, Van Halen etc). It would be nice that when I get in the car after she drives it it would automatically switch to my list instead of having to log her out, scan the QR code, and log me in.

Also, would love to have the ability to move the SPOTIFY play screen (when the MAP is displayed) to the driver's side. I know it is just about 6" move to the right for me, it would make it nice to be able to move it to the driver's side.
Sponsored