Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

• Mexico for Baja 500 (91% SOC Border. 71 miles to Ensenada)
  • Glamis Sand Dunes (80% SOC Yuma, AZ. 20 miles to Dunes)
  • Sedona 4WD Trails & MTB (85% SOC Anthem EA, 88 miles to trailhead)
All commenced in Phoenix. I have 30A & 50A (RV park adapters), Tesla Adapter, NEMA (dryer w/ 30ft) and the nearly worthless 120V all neatly under the false frunk floor. I'm looking at 1500-2000 watt foldable solar for the road. For me the above is slightly adventurous, but granted there are places you can't get out and back (yet). ....

Last edited:

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

It did contain a lot more but I got tired of the trolls.
Funny you say that. Your thread title reads like a click bait. I actually thought you were trolling and get all the fanboys in an uproar.

So in a nutshell, what do you wish your truck do that doesn't? Not trolling you, as you might say, just really curious since for a daily personal vehicle, R1 does quite a lot.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Funny you say that. Your thread title reads like a click bait. I actually thought you were trolling and get all the fanboys in an uproar.

So in a nutshell, what do you wish your truck do that doesn't? Not trolling you, as you might say, just really curious since for a daily personal vehicle, R1 does quite a lot.
That's the way I treated this post. OP didn't elaborate at all on what they aren't able to use the truck for that they want to. I'm not familiar with the area they are referring to but I do know it's possible to travel outside of current DC charging availability if you are willing to be a little more adventurous in my area. Isn't that the point of the post??

Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

One line post OP. Not cool. It’s just internet, you can voice your opinion and if someone else says something you don’t agree with it’s part of the discussion.
I would have liked reading something from someone who’s not just raving about Rivian (or is it Reevion 😂).

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
One line post OP. Not cool. It’s just internet, you can voice your opinion and if someone else says something you don’t agree with it’s part of the discussion.
I would have liked reading something from someone who’s not just raving about Rivian (or is it Reevion 😂).
He deleted the body of his post for some reason.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I mean, I'm legitimately curious what's prompted the disappointment, especially since OP said they did their research.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I mean, I'm legitimately curious what's prompted the disappointment, especially since OP said they did their research.
A lot of people have "done their own research" on a number of topics lately.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

He deleted the body of his post for some reason.
Too many "trolls" that want OP to explain his circumstances instead of just posting a blanket complaint that the truck he bought doesn't work for him the way he wanted it do even though he claims to have done the research.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Can I assume from the comments that OP was disappointed in the charging infrastructure not the truck itself? Seems like that situation already existed when they placed their order and would not be solved by purchasing some other, non-existent EV adventure vehicle.… Maybe should have waited a few more years.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Can I assume from the comments that OP was disappointed in the charging infrastructure not the truck itself? Seems like that situation already existed when they placed their order and would not be solved by purchasing some other, non-existent EV adventure vehicle.… Maybe should have waited a few more years.
Exactly the primary complaint. Being an early adopter is an adventure OP wasn't ready for.

ScottnAZ

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T (White,BM,22’s), 1966 C10 (SB,BBW,SBC327)
Occupation
Design/Build Remodel Contractor
Clubs

I have 30A & 50A (RV park adapters), Tesla Adapter, NEMA (dryer w/ 30ft) and the nearly worthless 120V all neatly under the false frunk floor. (yet). ....
Do you mind sharing more information about the RV park adapters? Any specific recommendation? Thank you.

I’m 3 weeks in to R1T ownership, but haven’t taken the Airstream on an adventure yet (we’re usually boondocking with my wife’s LR Defender). Figure the first few trips with the RIV and Air should be to parks with electric hookups.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Do you mind sharing more information about the RV park adapters? Any specific recommendation? Thank you.

I’m 3 weeks in to R1T ownership, but haven’t taken the Airstream on an adventure yet (we’re usually boondocking with my wife’s LR Defender). Figure the first few trips with the RIV and Air should be to parks with electric hookups.
You should have the 30 amp adapter already. Rivian gives you that one with the portable charger In your frunk.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I've had great experiences testing all of these.....

RV 30A to 50A Adapter:
Other Adapters by RV Guard: https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/...30a8-6865-423f-9fa7-d27665e9180d&ref_=ast_bln

50A RV Extension 30ft:
Dryer:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.